Cold water Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, water temperature is usually low 60s and that is cold with out wet suit.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im from new england - usually fla. waters at their coldest is stil warmer than ours get up here
I wear a light dive jacket and swim trunks
I have winter fla. waters with native floridians though that water is cold to them

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you are going in the water deep enough were you my fall in a wet suit. But if you are only going in a foot or 2 you can were neo Prem waders. the thicker the warmer they are.if the surf is rough wet suit. If you fall in with waders, they fill up and you can't swim. Im with casper 60 water aint too bad

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im from new england - usually fla. waters at their coldest is stil warmer than ours get up here
I wear a light dive jacket and swim trunks
I have winter fla. waters with native floridians though that water is cold to them
Nor sure what side of state you hunt when here, big difference in water temperature between Gulf of Mexico waters and Atlantic. Atlantic is cold, especially when the water turns upside down.

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were just over there a few days ago, my In-laws live there. Surf is up, big time. Lots of access ramps still closed, MAJOR damage from Ponce north. Shocking! Areas of beach closed due to construction,demolition and building a sea wall to try and save Flagler Beach. As I mentioned, surf is up, red flags on beaches if you decide to get in the water be really careful of the rip currents just a few feet offshore they can sweep you off your feet in just knee deep water in seconds if that happens with all your gear you could be in some serious sh!t. People drown here every week. Be careful and take a friend to keep an eye on you.
Canaveral National Seashore to the south is off limits. Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge and Mosquito Lagoon, off limits.Further South, Melbourne, Sebastian, Vero area you allowed on the beach from the dunes to the water. You are not allowed in the water, it is “leased” and is STRICTLY enforced, so don’t even think about it. You can go to Treasure Salvors Inc. Key West to see where the leased areas are located. You can also sign up and go out on one of their salvage sites with them, bring your wallet, lol.
Any questions give me a shout, I will be glad to help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread