Cold water Equipment sources and questions

thegoldgopher

Greenie
Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am looking for the latest types of full face communications masks available, as well as compressor, and hot water unit. I know a lot of people make their own hot water unit, so a site that has plans would be good. I have a full shop, and can fab my own unit, but from what I see, they have lots of problems. Not sure whether it is the unit or the fabber.

And what seems to be the choices of the full face masks and hot water units over real dive helmets and dry suits?

I would like to be ready for the 2013 season, but it looks like it will take one trip up there to just line out the equipment, with that being the cheapest place to find a lot of gently used gear these days.

Upvote 0

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For Compressor go with the best Gast 263. Hot water units are easily made so I will help with the full face masks.
The best that I have used is the Ocean Reef Neptune 2. The Ocean Reefs can be customized for comm or whatever flips your boat. After years of use deep diving for gold on the Feather I have sold of most of the full face masks and riggings, just easier for my situation to go with a simple purge mask (the freedom). Be forewarned full face masks can be dangerous and chance for drowning increase significantly. Had our share of close calls.
Best of Luck, Here is a link - OCEAN REEF, Inc | Homepage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread