Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More and more detectors are made today with Compacticity in mind. Most if not all have a collapsible shaft.
I use the XP DEUS. You will need to make sure you can recharge or carry a seperate sleeve of replaceable batteries.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are detectors collapsible? I want to strap one to my horse, that way I have it when I get into a good area. I was thinking just lay it cross ways behind the seat, any thoughts

What are you going to detect? Most detectors are collapsible or can be easily disassembled to one degree or another. If you're after gold nuggets, look at the Garrett ATX or Minelab SDC2300. Keep in mind that those machines use pulse inductive technology, so, you will be finding anything metal......both ferrous and non-ferrous.....good and bad..... If it's coins, relics, or you just want discrimination to avoid iron targets, the XP Deus is a good choice. It's not a nugget machine however, unless the nuggets are fairly good size! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
NightStalker45b

NightStalker45b

Oct 23, 2015
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m after nuggets and relics, I’m also on s tight budget, horses aren’t cheap lol
I’m hoping to get out further in areas that haven’t been worked so hard.

At the moment I’m using a bounty hunter ( don’t laugh it was free) it likes nails fencing and horse shoes but nothing of value, probably time for a new one

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP Deus is your answer HOWEVER... it’s not cheap but will reward you especially if you get a HF Coil with it.

86DE277E-1561-434D-9EB9-70072DE8CFF3.jpeg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of the 3 I mentioned, the Deus would be the least expensive, then the ATX, then the SDC2300. Of the three, the Deus would be the best relic machine, with the ATX and SDC2300 tying for a distant 2nd. Of the three, the SDC2300 would be the best nugget machine, then the ATX, and then the Deus a distant 3rd. There are no detectors on the market today that will do all things for all people in all places, and do them well. There are always compromises.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take my ATGold apart and take it on my carry on backpack when I travel. Take both tubes apart, the coil and the head. Ive had to take it out at the security check points and show them what it is but have never had any problems so far. I cant see why you couldn't do the same with a horse pack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread