Collection

P

pickaway

I met an older gentleman today who lives about 5 miles from me.Anyways he's been collecting 50+ years.I was in awe at the stuff he had found.He also gave me some good info on possible hunting sites.I saw stuff I've never heard of like a geniculate,panel banners odd shaped birdstones one round thing with a pattern on it of a bird like thing he said it was bone!My god the points he had just was amazing.I wanted to snap some pictures but he didnt seem to keen so i didnt press it,i am just happy that i got to see some stuff like ive never seen.I bet there are alot of amazing collections older collectors have.I knew of another guy here, one of my parents friends father when he passed they auctioned his collection off it sold for 120,000 dollars.Amazing.

Upvote 0

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I saw a large old archaic collection that came off a virgin site that had never been excavated. It was unbelievable. It appears to have been two large chipping, repair stations...consistent with large amounts of broken spear points and knives. The amazing thing is there was almost as many whole points. Totally a collectors dream...all from just one site. My brother told me of a huge collection he saw that was found in a thirty mile radias...

A

Atlantis0077

Afternoon

I wish you could have snapped a few photos, but understand anyones right to privacy. Sounds like he had some really spectacular stuff.

Atlantis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions