Collinsville, Illinois show role call

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Who is going to be attending the Collinsville, IL show in just 2 weeks?

For anyone that doesn't know about it Collinsville is the largest show in the country and a veritable who's who of collectors, dealers, and artifact folk. I hope everyone gets the chance to visit this show at least once.

This years show is March 20 and 21 at the Gateway Center in Collinsville, Illinois. If anyone needs more info please let me know.

For any of you early birds there is also a show in Edwardsville, Illinois on Friday March 19 hosted by Bobby Onken and Steve Repp. There are some fantastic pieces of prehistoric art that don't normally make it to shows at this show. If you're going to be in town for the weekend it's worth it to make this show also.

It's really a jam packed artifact weekend.

Best Regards,
Jeff Hipskind

Upvote 0

dblski

Mar 18, 2009
I will be there with bells on. I have never been and am really excited. Going to bring my great uncle who has the most amazing collection I have ever seen, and now he can hardly get around. Should be a great pick me up for him. Also is it tacky to bring a piece or two and get help on I'ding them?
Jake

OP
OP
H

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
By all means bring any and all relics with you. Many people walk in the door with relics all day long. If it's nice don't be surprised to get some offers which is also common! Most people are very willing to give you their opinion on typology, materials, etc. However, if you ask 10 people you may get 10 different answers. That's the fun of the hobby I guess.

I'll be on the north side of the room within a few rows of the main entrance. Table numbers are in the 70s somewhere. Stop by and say hi. I'll have a table with 2 frames of Iowa axes, 1 frame of flint, and a miscellaneous frame.

Jeff Hipskind

dblski

Mar 18, 2009
Anyone on here that is going to the collinsville show should put up a little sign with their screen name from this forum on it so we can put a face with a name. Would be kind of neat.
Jake

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
Just wanted to bump this back up to the top. Don't forget the Edwardsvillle Show is Friday Morning

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Every year I tell myself that I'm going to make it a point to be able to attend, then can't. This year appears to be no different for me. Wish I could go, but really don't think I can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread