image-1177068995.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 3

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep. I'm a Tesoro fanatic myself, but always surprised at how few people in this crowd use them. Way to go on your scabbard tip!!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scabbard tip, love old stuff like that. Put it in my brass box. Congrats!

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big time Tesoro fanatic myself. The Vaquero is one of my favorite machines ever. Looks like you found some nice relics there, at a pounded site no less!

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If your still finding scabbard tips, rosettes and relics of this size at this well hunted site, I would think there is alot more to be found with any decent machine ran across it. but a tesoro is a Great machine.
Very nice Recoveries

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scabbard. I agree with the others. If your still finding the larger items there should be more.

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score !

OP
OP
S

sorahc

Feb 7, 2013
Thanks for the comments. You guys might be right but I've hunted this spot with everything from Nautilus machines to Fishers to Minelabs to a Technetics T2 and I've dug a ton of stuff. I'm just saying that the Vaquero easily and clearly picked up stuff I missed with the others. And I've hunted the spot for 20+ years off and on. The scabbard tip was a bit away from the most concentrated iron so maybe I just never happened to walk over it. But everything else was in an area that I've hunted in tight rows. Many many times. It is chock full of iron chunks, nails and bits and pieces. And it drives most machines I've used crazy. The Vaquero just cruised right through it and barely made a sound until I hit non-ferrous objects. I will definitely hit it again. But not with any other machine.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a nice mix from the 2 eras. Definitely worth another look.

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments. You guys might be right but I've hunted this spot with everything from Nautilus machines to Fishers to Minelabs to a Technetics T2 and I've dug a ton of stuff. I'm just saying that the Vaquero easily and clearly picked up stuff I missed with the others. And I've hunted the spot for 20+ years off and on. The scabbard tip was a bit away from the most concentrated iron so maybe I just never happened to walk over it. But everything else was in an area that I've hunted in tight rows. Many many times. It is chock full of iron chunks, nails and bits and pieces. And it drives most machines I've used crazy. The Vaquero just cruised right through it and barely made a sound until I hit non-ferrous objects. I will definitely hit it again. But not with any other machine.

When I think I've hunted a site out I expand my search and look for other areas they may have used. I've found out buildings a 1/4 mile from the cellar hole still in the same stone wall I followed. Just random walks within the stone walls have got me some great finds. When I find something I kinda hang in that area and if there's nothing else I just keep moving.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread