Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a combination of a bunch of hunts. This is just some of the finds. The big cut 1784, 8 reale was from yesterdays hunt on a new 50 acre field. A 1740s 1/2 reale was also found with lots of smalls. The little figurine was a surprise, when I cleaned the dirt off and realized that the end was near, I had a great laugh. This little novelty had to of created lots of giggles. The story as to how I received permission to hunt the 50 acres was pure luck. I was hunting with SouthJerseyJim in the fields I found three years ago. Since the deep turning of the fields many buttons and Jim's first gold coin was found. Jim was leaving early that day and we headed for the trucks. After saying are goodbys Jim pulled away and I was staying for a few more hours of hunting. I replenished my water and closed my truck door. That is when I realized I just locked myself out. After cursing out loud at myself I called Jim up and he returned with a hanger and after a little work the door was opened and he was on his way. I started for the top of the field and was about a 150 yards away from my truck when I noticed a police car pulled behind my truck. I turned off my detector and started walking back to the truck. Half way there another police car pulls up behind my truck. Right about then I was like oh crap is my truck illegally parked. When I got closer I noticed the one officer had a jimmy in his hand to open my truck. I thanked them and informed them that we had opened the door. That is when all the questions started and after showing them different styles of buttons and watch winders they were very intrigued, I figured what the heck and asked if they knew of any properties that I could possibly hunt. The officer said he had fifty acres and a neighbor with 40 acres that I could hunt. Then he went on and gave me the number and name of another farmer with 300 acres. It just so happens there were 6 homesteads in the early 1800s and most likely earlier, 1720s and up on those empty fields. I purchased two pints of shucked oysters for both farmers. I met the officer at his farm early in the morning and it was a beautiful farm. I do have to say he turned out to be the nicest family farmer guy. I will be heading back after the weekend. Still waiting for my first colonial gold.

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 261
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 264
  • middle.jpg
    middle.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 276
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 8 1.jpg
    8 1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 8 2.jpg
    8 2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 235
  • the end.jpg
    the end.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Upvote 29

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow those are amazing field finds. Looks like you have some great permissions. I would die if I found all that in just a few hunts.

Congrats and thanks for posting

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man look at that pile of colonial loot!, super jealous of your great finds!, that cut 8 reale is a stunner

congrats!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice collection of stuff

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice looking pile of goods bud. But I really love that big old hunk of Spanish

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those pictures almost leave me speechless. What a wonderful variety of finds, amazing!

rich f

May 29, 2013
mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im happy when i find 1 cool find a day lol...jeez

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAN, YOU HAVE SOME GREAT HUNTIN SPOTS THERE!!!! SUPER FINDS :occasion14:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you have been holding out on us Art! And you have plenty of new sites to hunt. You're sitting pretty right now my friend! I like the cut half 8R. I found one once and it's one of my favorites.

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. That's a bunch of nice hunts you had.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice congrats. Seated coins and cut Spanish... WOW. GL&HH.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANG IT MAN.

My Envy is out of control .

If I found all that in a few hunts , I'd likely hunt until I dropped Dead, Soo many targets.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One of these days I am going to figure out what I am doing wrong . How and the heck do you all find these sites to hunt . What a heaping pile of relics and assorted to boot,, and I keep saying one of these days just one of these days .vazutphen. Really nice finds.

GWWJR

Jul 4, 2004
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man i cant even look at that pile of stuff without wiping off the drool. There is some REALLY old stuff in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread