Colonial bonanza weekend-Part Deux

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Kirk Kyle and I got back to the field of colonial silver today. Yesterday was a day to remember with me finding the 1752 milled pillar 1 Reale in pretty good shape. A personal best. Also yesterday I found the 3 KGIII's that reinforced my avatar. Kirk's 1810 2 Reales is amazing and he literally couldn't remove the upward turn of his lips. No doubt he will need plastic surgery to remove the smile. I think he should leave it be so his uncle can tell him apart from his identicle twin Kyle. Speaking of the Zoyboy , his 1781 Half Reale in PERFECT SHAPE is weighing heavily on his brain also. Today we decided to go back (no brainer there).I wasn't swinging for more than 10 minutes when I got a slightly more conductive reading from pull tab. I thought another musket ball or something since they are abundant at this site. WRONG...It was a beautiful 1738 KGII copper in fabulous shape. Most coppers found in the farmfields are not in this condition for various reasons but I got lucky. My oldest confirmed coin so far in 20 odd years. I still have 50 years or so to catch Kirk but the distance is narrowing. Not only did I find my oldest silver coin this weekend but today I found my oldest copper and my oldest coin also. A decent flat button, A possible Musket rifle butt plate and a rectangular slab of lead probably used to make musketballs. Nice way to finish the most memorable weekend of my detecting career. Kyle already is loading a new site in the breach and maybe in a couple of weeks we can repeat it....Enjoy
Chris
PIC00007-7.jpg

PIC00006-5.jpg

PIC00011-2.jpg

PIC00012-2.jpg

Upvote 0

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
thats it im packing my bags to come help you guys out. man great finds i always enjoy reading your posts. congrats willy.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
That sure is a nice green copper,and the butt plate is in great shape....I would spend a few more days at the site :icon_sunny:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris,
It doesn't get much better than that! Unbelievable old coins there buddy. Congrats on your oldest, oldest, & oldest. :icon_king:
AMAZING!!!!
-MM-

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HOLY S#!+ Chris.....Slow down my man,it's not going anywhere ;D Great Weekend :thumbsup:

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey CCZ .....

Wash that buttplate off and maybe dust with some flour and check for any etched numbers etc etc. Might be something there.

I found a ramrod guide that after cleaning I discovered "X's" etched in it.

Killer finds brotha ! :thumbsup:

D.

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Congrats on the copper. Those KG's are really cool and yours is rather nice looking 8)

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
dfx willy said:
thats it im packing my bags to come help you guys out. man great finds i always enjoy reading your posts. congrats willy.
Thanks man...The sundays pickings were on the slim side but we're not quite done with this place yet. Maybe another week or so.
Chris

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
You XL-pro swinging bunch of coppa collecting fiends are at it again. Looks like Zoy's research paid off again. Go gettum boys. LOL

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable stuff Chris. :o :o You got me all psyched up for the year now. :headbang: I would be in a cold sweat waiting to get back to that site if I were you. :drunken_smilie: :clock: Best of luck on your next trip out. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I e-mailed Kyle yesterday and he sent me some pics of his stuff. That capped he found is absolutely awesome. :thumbsup:

Rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions