colonial buckle!!

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
hi all quick hunt today! i had to drive to hingham today to pick something up from craigslist and i was driving very close to some old stomping grounds. so i decided to try out a 4x6 shooter cool (man that thing is small) i knew of a spot out in the woods that i couldnt touch before with the big coil because of all the party trash. well it was the little coil that could! i was able to seperate the trash from good. i got a colonial buckle intact. the only other thing i found was a musket ball that hit a tree. the small coil got right in the cruch of the tree. was a quick hunt but fun. willy

Attachments

• scan0010.jpg
    scan0010.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 720
Upvote 0

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely fantastic! Still wonder why Colonial items take a far back seat to CW relics. In my opinion, the craftsmanship is far more attractive, expressive and artistic than CW stuff. Take the images below. The center button is early Colonial. The flanking I's are simply that: I's. Nothing creative, nothing too uncommon, just I's.

Here's my predicition: once the CW button market becomes dry and recycled, collectors will turn to the beautifully engraved 300-year-old brass that drifts through ebay like mournful, neglected spirits. Buy Colonial now and reap the rewards when CW relics are gone with the wind. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• COL_vs_CW.jpg
    COL_vs_CW.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 160

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread