Colonial coin?

missedshed

Sep 17, 2012
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the hunted out park gives up another nice coin. The other day I pulled my seated half dime, than my brother pulled a barber dime the next day. Well today it gave me this nice find. Not exactly sure what type of coin but its all copper. I didn't rub it just ran it under water. Some of the dirt cams off but not enough to make it out yet. Looks like it has writing around it. How to you get the dirt off to be able to see more detail without messing it up. Earlier in my search I dug up a wheat and some token and change.I had my atpro set on coin mode like usual and wasn't finding anything. So I tried a new setting ... The zero mode. The sounds were much easier to make out. We had searched this area over and over many times, once I put it in the zero mode, I picked up those signals right next to iron. Than right before we left, I got a deep weak signal. So I opened up a hole and the detector was now saying we had a good strong signal. One more clean out of the hole and there it was... The copper coin.

52861D13-EF23-4982-932C-CE236D0F275C-3650-000003FAC03188B0.jpg

Upvote 1

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sorry can you post clean pics of the coin, I can't see but looks cool

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Would love to see a clean up shot its definitely copper and looks old, congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread