colonial gold. finally ( Warning Member may have Lied)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klclark3

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140313_191859.png
    ForumRunner_20140313_191859.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,536
  • ForumRunner_20140313_191908.png
    ForumRunner_20140313_191908.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,416
Upvote 67
SS, Given the details and minimal wear I'd lean towards EF or at least midway between the 2.....the original landowner must have been in pretty good shape financially the common folk certainly weren't carrying that type of money in their pockets back in that era. That's one sweet find no matter where found and a well deserved banner....to bad I'm late to the party as my vote would have been in also. Regards + HH Bill
Fantastic Find, not a very easy one to get here, never mind over there :notworthy: I have posted the current Spinks book value for the coin, I would say judging by the condition of yours, it was lost not a long time after it was minted, if it had been found here I would grade it very high, between VF and EF, I know the grading is different over there but it's in great condition for a dug coin :thumbsup: SS

Last edited:
I'm floored. Fantastic find, man. Congrats.

A gold coin isn't really as high on my want list as most others.... unless it's something like that! :headbang:

:icon_thumright: Congratulations on a fantastic find!! :icon_thumright: I would be doing a bit of celebrating after digging that. :occasion14:

Steve

Congrats on the fantastic coin and the banner.

All I know is I see the 1759 date- Banner Find and Welcome to a Gold Finders Club..Maybe submit a picture to American Digger Magazine. Thanks for sharing -goldnugget- Louisville Ky, 1965- Seneca High

You from louisville gold?

Colonial GOLD- OMGoodness what a find! I think I would have passed out before getting it back home! Congratulations on a totally awesome piece of gold and history! :thumbsup:

:)
Breezie

Colonial GOLD- OMGoodness what a find! I think I would have passed out before getting it back home! Congratulations on a totally awesome piece of gold and history! :thumbsup: :) Breezie

Looks like you had a good time. Glad to see you got out :laughing7:.

JUST AMAZING! :notworthy: :hello2: :occasion18:

I am amazed at the colonial goodies you are recovering from that site! Snake buttons, cut Spanish silver, colonial gold, tons of other buttons and coins....wow! A very prominent person must have lived there. I would like to see another group picture from that site.

Without a doubt that's an incredible find, and one that's been at the top of my most wanted list for many years. We dig plenty of colonial silver here in eastern VA, but its very rare for an early gold coin to show up. I would think that finding one of these in KY would be next to impossible. Congrats on the find of a lifetime.

Amazing find!!

Congrats!

Makes me want to get out my little 250! haha... been over a year since ive MD... been into CRHing.

HH

Congrats on a great find...

Congrats on one nice gold piece! Be very careful to not scratch it please.You'll have to go some to top this one this year but keep diggin' and HH.....

Magnificent find! It's beautiful, CONGRATULATIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back