Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed to get a 1.5 day hunt in and finds were slim and as you can see broken but they are what they are and I am please to add them to the collection. Managed a few crusty Geo II coins as well....
The Fob wax seal is a first for me (top part not shown is broken) and and I have been wanting one for quite some time, can you see the Stag under the tree? as IP pointed out looks similar to the Bucks of America flag...but not quite.
I wish the colonial Spoon handle was complete, it would've been a real honker, but you can see the initials on it and on the other side is a makers mark so i will track that down when I find more time...
The wooden map compass dividers were a neat piece as well, the wood is still attached to the metal, I have found many but not in this state.
I also managed what is left of a dagger guard, the gold should come out a lot better after I apply the lemon juice...
The cut tombac button was a heart stopper when it popped out, look familiar to anyone? looks like stars on out edge....

fob.jpg Silver Spoon 2.jpg Silver spoon CJB.jpg dividers.jpg Sword1.jpg sword2.jpg N button.jpg thistle.jpg Sporting.jpg Silver coins.jpg Group April.jpg

Upvote 12

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't help you on the cut tombac but I do know that spoon would have been a showstopper if whole. Sweet hunt!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the design on the wax seal and the other relics are nice pieces too.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say that was a fantastic day and a half of digging. Great finds man!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ill take a spread like that any day! Great array of finds, broken or not. Congrats man

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the seal. I'm still waiting for one of those myself, and I'd think I'd be happy with that much of one.
The cut tombac interesting, are you suggesting button money ? Or what purpose to cut it ?
I think the dividers are a ruler.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the seal. I'm still waiting for one of those myself, and I'd think I'd be happy with that much of one.
The cut tombac interesting, are you suggesting button money ? Or what purpose to cut it ?
I think the dividers are a ruler.

Could be... seems to make more sense. I gave him that idea but my brain was on a little sideways at the time.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like N8. Would have thought possible French military if there was a little raised circle to the top right of the N. Really no clue on it. A piece of what's a good puzzle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread