HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out for a bit yesterday and glad I did. I have hunted this area for about a year now picking up a musket ball hear and there. The area is located just north of the Battle of Camden in 1780. The American forces fled the battle and retreated through the property I hunt. Sir Banastre Tarleton and his calvary chased the retreating soldiers through this property slaughtering every man in their path. I decided to try an area close to the main road I've yet to hunt. I got a decent signal thinking it was another shotgun shell. To my surprise out popped a musket ball. About an hour later I ended up digging 16 of them. From my measurements they appear to be American .60 cal. Also in the mix was a .45 cal. pistol ball. All were found within 10 yards or so of each other. Makes you wonder if an American was killed there or dropped them running for his life. This was by far one of my most exciting hunts and can't wait to get back. I've named the spot musket ball hill. Thanks for looking and good luck out there!

IMG_1608.jpg View attachment 1799846 IMG_1612.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow awesome! You do have to wonder what happened that they're all there. That's a lot of work to drop and leave I would think.

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great Rev. War hunt, hopefully you'll pop out a button or two from that spot. --JB

OP
OP
HIGHSTRUNG

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow awesome! You do have to wonder what happened that they're all there. That's a lot of work to drop and leave I would think.
Local historians said some of the Americans fearing for their lives were throwing away any that could ID them as soldiers during their retreat. I guess watching your friends being chopped to pieces would do that sort of thing to a man.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that would do it great hunt wouldnt that be cool to find some weapons there or insignia what a cool hunt spot keep the finds coming my friend

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very cool to be able to possibly tie your finds to an actual known battle! Nice work thanks for sharing!

diggerranger

Mar 4, 2016
VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hit that spot and hit it. Run wide open and it is possible a pewter button is in the mix.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice finds. Congratulations :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
HIGHSTRUNG

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the feedback guys! I plan to go back this weekend if the weather permits. Our local rivers are at flood stage right now and we are expecting 3 days of rain starting tomorrow. The area I'm hunting is on a hill and still has ground saturation.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice batch of history there HIGHSTRUNG :icon_thumleft: Oh by the way.....Americans don't run :usflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread