colonial pewter button..war button?

castletonking

Jun 20, 2011
castleton vt.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,today I was hunting my field and in addition to the numerous tombacs,dandys and musketballs I found today,I came across this interesting button,though it is very fragile and crumbling I can make out some type of design on it,not sure if its swords,cannons or just a design...the remaining section of the button is approx the size of a modern penny,the body of the button is rather thick,morese than a tombac and the rear shank is much more robust.I live less than a 1/4 mile from fort Warren in Castleton Vt. and 4 miles from the Hubbardton battle field so there was a quite a bit of activity in my area in the revolutionary era.It was found approx 8 inches below the surface and is very very fragile,nearly crumbling when handled.Does anyone have any idea what it may be? thanks PS thats the best enlargement i could get on the picture. sorry

Attachments

• img079.jpg
    img079.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No idea at all it nice find! We were in Vermont just a few weeks ago and there was a guy that was searching a park that had been gone over many times and he found a pine tree schilling.needless to say we were in awe as Middle Tennessee is so much younger than New England.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread