COLONIAL SHOE BUCKLE!! what's that doing there?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLOWN AWAY! That's all i got to describe today's hunt! It started out with me driving 70 miles north, I even crossed over into New York!, Lol it was so nice out with the windows down, I didn't even realize. I hit 3 yards today but the finds were minimal. 1st house had nothing but deep clad, junk, and the 2nd best find of the day this monster crotal Bell! Fully intact w/ringer inside still! The next house gave me my best Relic ever, this colonial shoe Buckle ! I'm blown away because I have no idea how this piece ended up at that house. The house was late 1800s at best and I end up getting a colonial shoe buckle, that's not supposed to happen lol! But I'm not complaining this sucker is fully intact and all the pieces still move. That house only gave me the buckle and some more deep clad 5-inches what the heck? Lastly I hit an 1800s house and managed 5 wheats (127 fty) and a couple odds and ends. WOW WOW WOW for that buckle though, I'm thrilled to have it! I would never put that on my bucket list because it feels like it would be unrealistic for the type of places I hunt either way I'm stoked to have it ! Thanks for looking and hh!! 20170516_195511.jpg 20170516_125904.jpg 20170516_125846.jpg 20170516_195332.jpg 20170516_195314.jpg 20170516_200322.jpg 20170516_195854.jpg

Upvote 35

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the top notch buckle and bell! Both are finds I would be thrilled with. It's amazing how, once in a while, a find is wonderfully preserved underground.

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one beautiful buckle cjon! Love the fancy crotal bell also, I've never dug one that big or that ornate. Nice saves!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DΓ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Nice finds and they are in great shape! :occasion14:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the top notch buckle and bell! Both are finds I would be thrilled with. It's amazing how, once in a while, a find is wonderfully preserved underground.
thanks JC!, I could not believe when that Buckle popped out of the ground, I should have hit it with my Digger luckily I missed it thanks again!

That is one beautiful buckle cjon! Love the fancy crotal bell also, I've never dug one that big or that ornate. Nice saves!
thank you very much I'm very surprised that bell was intact. I've dug big chunks of bells before but never one that big fully intact

Congrats! Nice finds and they are in great shape! :occasion14:
thanks alot!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet buckle man! They're tough to find complete and in such great condition. Awesome job :icon_thumleft:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're gonna dig a buckle and a bell it may as well be that buckle and that bell.:headbang: A couple nice ones there cjon.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're gonna dig a buckle and a bell it may as well be that buckle and that bell.:headbang: A couple nice ones there cjon.

Sweet buckle man! They're tough to find complete and in such great condition. Awesome job :icon_thumleft:
thanks alot guys, I was more than happy with the bell and then that amazing buckle showed up under my coil. I would've never expected that. Ever. I didn't have something like that on my bucket list because it was unheard of for the type of hunts I do. Still pumped to have and display that!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the beautiful finds! :notworthy:

Hammer287

Mar 28, 2017
Northwest Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently Doug three Crotol bells but nothing close to that size or the detail. Great buckle too. Congratulations

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like it was just lying around waiting for CJON to come around and dig it up. ;)

Very nice finds! :thumb_up:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like it was just lying around waiting for CJON to come around and dig it up. ;)

Very nice finds! :thumb_up:

Thanks bud, im a coin guy at heart, but man that's a sweet buckle! I'd take it over "most" coins anyday

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet buckle and bell! [emoji106][emoji2]

Top Member Reactions