Colonial Stuff - Need some input on what I found!

E36graduate

Aug 27, 2014
Dighton, MA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350. Garrett AT Pro (new 3/26/16)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All found in a Dighton, MA

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 6

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like you're in a good area. Couple musket balls. Big old dandy button, and the weirdest looking king George coin I've ever seen. Can you get a close up of the coin? You may have a buckle frame as well but it's hard to tell from the pics. Hit that place hard

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I agree with Abe. Looks like a king George lll a round ball and I'm not sure what the round thing is next to the ball. Looks like brass. Does it have threads? Nice dandy button and the buckle frame looks like a sash buckle

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tag looks like its from Players Club, a performing arts theatre is Swarthmore Pa.

OP
OP
E36graduate

E36graduate

Aug 27, 2014
Dighton, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to hit those 10 acres hard, haven't even been trying. Just trying to figure out the new detector. Been detecting using the coin option so I am not picking up any gold!!!! Yet!

I will try and get some good pics of the two large cents. I think one is counterfeit as it is half the thickness as the other.

I think the. PC Snow from PA is some type of name ID. The prior family of this house/tavern were doctors and lawyers back in the 1700's, along with a lieutenant serving with Washington back in the days!!

It's so nice to dig up nothing but good stuff, no trash! I almost threw out the button thinking it was an old washer, lol!

More stuff to come! Just picked up garret propointer today to make things easier!

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Great finds. Hit that site hard, who knows what else is out there? What detector are you using? My first thought was the name plate is a property tag but, the ones I have found hang by just a piece of copper wire. Anyway terrific finds!

Don

Last edited:

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
its a George the 1st copper ... nope I was wrong after putting on my glasses it now does look like a George III Hibernia

Last edited:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, dig anything that repeats a signal, no matter what the number, good site!

OP
OP
E36graduate

E36graduate

Aug 27, 2014
Dighton, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! I'm using a Garrett Ace 350 - but had the setting for coins but gold is discriminated. If I turn to off discriminate, the signals are 10 fold! I started this way and quickly found a barber dime and a bunch of old nails. Even old nails are fun to dig up! The only good thing so far on this site, no junk (unless very old nails are junk). At least we are not digging up my friends lawn. From the old pictures, the area I found the 2 large cents easily, it looks like this was an entrance to the tavern property and possibly where they parked their horses or buggies. Got off or on their horses as they were drunk and lost some money?

I would like to find out what the P.C. Means on that tag? Was the PC for Pennsylvania Corporal? Or was it navy? Property is very close to river that leads to Narraganset bay and Atlantic. I guess the owner was also some type of duty collector?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool finds, congrats and try the all metal mode, it does go deeper and in a place like that, will be worth it, good luck

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contemporary counterfiet KGIII.
Georgian Buckle
1770ish Dandy Button

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Take your time dude..........the goods ain't goin nowhere....sepin your pouch.:laughing7:

You indeed have a rich area for history....Best of hunting man!

I like that Dandy!

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
E36graduate

E36graduate

Aug 27, 2014
Dighton, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would be a rough value on this big dandy button?

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
The counterfeit KGIII is pretty nice. Be gentle with the cleaning, you wouldn't want to wash off any detail. The dandy button is nice, but it's value is in its history rather than monetary worth. Thanks for sharing and best of luck with your future hunts.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sweet Dandy button. The counterfeit KG is a cool find. You are in a good area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread