Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 9 fires going statewide, 32,000 evacuated, 260 homes destroyed, as of last night anyway. Only one fatality so far, which is one too many, but we're greatful there wasn't more. We're still open for business, though, if you're planning a trip up here. This might be a good time to get off into other parts of the state other than the front range, which most of us don't really consider being in the mountains anyway. (Shoot, half of Denver and Colorado Springs comes up here on the weekends) Extreme to very high fire danger, so no campfires. Not even charcoal in most places, but they are letting us use propane stoves every where I've been. Lot of my outdoor buddies are sayin 'we don't want them tourists up here, cause those fools will burn us down.' Not me. I was in Texas last year and got evacuated due to a wildfire, and feel like I should return the favor. Still safe to come and camp in the mountains, just be aware, and respect the fire restrictions, cause they will aggressively prosecute violations. Plus here in Summit County we're runnin about 30 degrees cooler every day than the front range.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread