goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Neal,

Reports on the Arkansas River is it's still running close to flood stage. Point Bar ( BLM ) is the best place to work the river right now. Are you a member of GPOC ? If so their claims are on the Arkansas but you would probably know this if you are. You will need permits for your dredge and highbanker from BLM in Canon City for both the Arkansas River and Cache Creek. Dredges cannot be used at Cache Creek but your highbanker can be used. Be aware they are having problems at Cache Creek undermining trees so please don't do that. Also having problems with a bear up there. No campfires at Cache Creek either so bring a camp cook stove. Cannot camp at the Cache Creek parking area either but there is plenty of camping areas open in the meadows area. If I can answer anymore of your questions please let me know. We will be up there this weekend ( at Cache Creek ) and I hope you have an enjoyable and profitable trip. Linda

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful around the river. 3 folks have lost their lives this week rafting around Buena Vista.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread