diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a nice railroad Hasp today. Colorado Midland railroad has a lot of history. Incorporated in 1883 it was the first standard gauge railroad over the continental divide. I have a nice button from the railroad. The Colorado Railroad locks are very collectable. What do you all think about switching the hasps in an adlake lock to make it complete? Here is a picture of a complete on also! IMG_20200607_160055513~2.jpgScreenshot_20200607-204324.png

Upvote 13
Well done, cool relic! :occasion14:

Thanks for the post's, I see a few locks on eBay for that match. I will probably try to switch the hasps on one. It's snowing now so no detecting:( Hope you all get out!!!

I love all RR stuff thats really awesome like to see it when your done if you find one that you could switch.....Tommy

I have heard a CMRR lock goes for a large fortune, it is so rare~

Thanks Tommy , I will do that. Hopefully I will make that happen. It seems identical ones are around 20 dollars!
Hi ecmjamsit, I imagine locks from the railroad hardly ever come up for sale. It will be very tempting to sell, and it be fun auction for me to watch! It has some character of being beat on! I would have to let them know I attached it to another lock but I bet it would still sell for quite a bit!!

Sweeeet !!! Did ya get it a home or in Leadville ?

Near home, I contacted Adlake and they may reproduce the lock it needs, I'm waiting to hear back!!! They have all the records!!

Gosh you're digging up all kinds of Colorado history down there. Always neat to find a recognizable local historic artifact. I found this little porcelain bottle cap from your local region in a field where the old coal mining folks of Lafayette, Colorado dumped their trash.

Attachments

• 20200611_103926.jpg
    20200611_103926.jpg
    1,011.9 KB · Views: 43
Awesome find!

Gosh you're digging up all kinds of Colorado history down there. Always neat to find a recognizable local historic artifact. I found this little porcelain bottle cap from your local region in a field where the old coal mining folks of Lafayette, Colorado dumped their trash.
That is a nice cap, I sure enjoy finding those!! Here a the two I have found, I wonder if 1537 Platte is still there?

Attachments

• IMG_20200611_115342309~2.jpg
    IMG_20200611_115342309~2.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 40

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back