Colorado Prospecting. South Platte, Clear Creek and Denver.

OP
OP
shofs

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Sniper Sluice 30"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No first aid kit???

Well observed! I do have a basic camping first aid kit and a snake bite kit in my car that I bring for longer trips, but mostly I don't have a far hike and dwell in the city. I do however always have in my bag another spoil from work. Dermabond...Great stuff... It's a one time use topical adhesive that is used in the ED to stop open wounds from bleeding and after surgeries to close entry lacerations. Sort of a replacement for stitches that will close tight a major cut/gouge in under 20 seconds and hold it closed for 3 days. Totally water and wear proof. You are supposed to have medical training to use it hence the "Rx Only" on the front and because of that it's not directly available to the public. So I didn't include it in my pic.
dermabond1.jpg dermabond2.jpg

Last edited:

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Surely there must be some difference but it appears to be a type of super glue.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well observed! I do have a basic camping first aid kit and a snake bite kit in my car that I bring for longer trips, but mostly I don't have a far hike and dwell in the city. I do however always have in my bag another spoil from work. Dermabond...Great stuff... It's a one time use topical adhesive that is used in the ED to stop open wounds from bleeding and after surgeries to close entry lacerations. Sort of a replacement for stitches that will close tight a major cut/gouge in under 20 seconds and hold it closed for 3 days. Totally water and wear proof. You are supposed to have medical training to use it hence the "Rx Only" on the front and because of that it's not directly available to the public. So I didn't include it in my pic.
View attachment 1337876 View attachment 1337878

Ah yes. Guess I'll have to get by with my super glue till that comes out OTC. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
shofs

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exactly what it is! Very thick fancy purple super glue. They just have to call it special so that when you go to the ER they don't have to say "we're just going to put some superglue on that $300 please!"

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
That's exactly what it is! Very thick fancy purple super glue. They just have to call it special so that when you go to the ER they don't have to say "we're just going to put some superglue on that $300 please!"
only $300....think I might have to move to USA ..that would cost $500 here.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New to Treasure Net and prospecting - Really enjoyed reading through this thread. Great to see how people on this site share info and help each other.
I live in Littleton and am interested in meeting people that are willing to help a newbie learn the ropes. Have most of the basic gear now including a 36" bazooka sniper. Was hoping to buy a prospector model - but they are impossible to find and the bazooka company does not seem to be communicating or shipping products. Am also in the process of building a miller table. Although I am not a geologist, I have studied geology and produced training for geologist for 10 years. Also good background in river hydrology. So am hoping this helps with my research and prospecting. Hope to hear from some folks on the site - maybe combining flyfishing and prospecting!

crusty

Jan 8, 2015
Falcon CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Angus Macgirk Alaskan Flare & Grub Stake
10" Dream mat sluice
Bazooka 36" Prospector
Keene Highbanker/2.5" dredge with GH matting
Keene 3 stage 4" dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great journal. Awesome to see someone spending so much time in the field and getting gold every time! Wish I had somewhere that close to me here in the Springs that I could easily hit every day!

Curiosity got the best of me and I ordered a Dream Mat. It will fit right in my Angus. Mostly based on Kevin's posts I also ordered a Bazooka, but it's been a month; still waiting on it to arrive

THink I'll head up to Arapahoe on MOnday and give it a whirl. I usually go up to the Jeff Co open space, but my buddy I usually go with isn't available and don't feel like fighting the ice lol
Will be my first time in one of the urban spots.

15235690_10208489532622918_2139948323200432983_o.jpg

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
shofs

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well everyone it's been a few months but I'm back and looking forward to going sluicing in a day or two! I'll be sure to post about it when I do.

OP
OP
shofs

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't wait and went out to straw creek today for an hour. It was overcast but the temp was mid 50's so I didn't have to bundle up too much. I wanted to dig at a new spot so I followed the creek a little to a new area that had the castle rock formation showing nicely on the bank. I tried to read the creek based on where its flood water flows rather than its current flow, set up the bazooka and dug for a nice 45min. Results were spectacular! Lots of large pieces and even a "Denver" sized picker! Great way to start 2017. I haven't done my clean out yet I'll update when I do.

The gold bearing layer looking good as always
jan09#1.jpg

My set up
jan09#2.jpg

Finding metal trash, good sign to keep digging!
jan09#3.jpg

My hole before I left. So much gold in such a small dig!
jan09#3.5.jpg

Love it when you pull back the black sand and all you can say is "ooooh boy"
jan09#4.jpg

Look at that piece! My finger is almost touching it for scale!:occasion14:
jan09#5.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow great job!!

...and a guitar shaped pot pipe too LoL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
shofs

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great job!!

...and a guitar shaped pot pipe too LoL!
Always happy to clean the creek up a little! :icon_thumleft:
It's a bummer there's modern trash in the creek bed but it seems to be an effective way to find the gold line.

OP
OP
shofs

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleanout yielded an amazing .76g! Plus a bonus two pieces that together were .032g. This is the richest patch of dirt I've ever run across. 3/4ths of a gram in about 8-10 gallons of dirt. I wonder how many grams per ton or yard that is? Either way I know certainly be visiting that spot again!

jan9clean1.jpg jan9clean2.jpg
jan9clean3.5.jpg jan9clean4.jpg

Last edited:

crusty

Jan 8, 2015
Falcon CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Angus Macgirk Alaskan Flare & Grub Stake
10" Dream mat sluice
Bazooka 36" Prospector
Keene Highbanker/2.5" dredge with GH matting