Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went up to Grand and Eagle counties today. I could get used to this two days off a week thing. I used to camp a lot in this area, but these days most of those spots are shut down. There's no parking allowed along Radium Road where I used to get some good pics of the river. A DOW campground I used to like and camping was only for folks with fishing or hunting licenses got shut down and cleared out completely. That's ok, it was getting worse every year and I'm pretty sure most of the characters I started seeing there never had a license in their lives. Still, a lot of opportunities, just farther in the backcountry, where tourists fear to tread.
10-26aa.jpg
10-26bb.jpg
10-26cc.jpg
10-26dd.jpg
10-26ee.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful looking scenery, thanks for sharing.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So many hills and twists and turns. I’m a flatlander and would get lost out there in less than an hour!
I find it quite the opposite as there's always a reference point, a twist, turn, hill, rock face-instead of just flat.

Had a distant flatlander Auntie that stopped over once when I was a young lad.

Remember the next morning she was telling the family she had a terrible night's sleep.
" I was afraid of falling off this mountain all night!" :laughing7:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd do ok ToddsPoint, as there's generally only one way to go anywhere. You might get lost in one our roundabouts though, haha! We got a little dusting of snow last night, but 8-24 inches in the forecast for this weekend.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You'd do ok ToddsPoint, as there's generally only one way to go anywhere. You might get lost in one our roundabouts though, haha! We got a little dusting of snow last night, but 8-24 inches in the forecast for this weekend.
We had the run of the hillside growing up(preschool) -remember this lesson-when in doubt just go down the hill-you can't go wrong. (meaning I'll hit a road at some point.)
That's a winter's snow fall for sure 8" is enough-24 " that's a load of work clearing it away.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Should be some gravel bars you could get out on to stretch your legs isn’t there?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can still access the riverside (for free) in all the pics of the river above. The places I would camp up here, forest service land dispersed camping, were up above the valley and those are pretty much shut down. If I have a choice, I won't camp right alongside a river. I always try to gain some elevation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions