Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colorado TNETer's hunt over but some photo's of it are in order

We set up a hunt for a group of us here in Colorado little over a week ago. Didnt have a large number show up. The weather had forced one cancellation so it was not surprising that the numbers werent great on the re-scheduled hunt.
Members showed up Friday and Saturday morning. Only 6 of us total. We had hunts scheduled both Sat and Sun and a group of sites. One was an old one room school house site, another was an old church site and 2 others were old abandoned farm sites.
The weather was find this time around. Not too hot, not too cool. Everyone gathered on my ranch and those staying overnight camped out in my guesthouse, if camping is the term. :icon_sunny: But was better than a tent.

The finds on both days were not alot. The best producing site was the old schoolhouse site for the older coins with the best find being an old Indianhead cent found by Con. 1909, I think. There were some wheats and some other coins found as well as a few relics from the old schoolhouse. The church site produced a few coins, and the farmstead, while not a great site due to the difficulty of detecting on it, everyone did find some things, especially some older and vintage relics. A nice glass-lidded mason jar was found by frank1960 in the basement of the homestead. Perfect condition. I found a perfect condition old small medicine bottle. Not sure of the age. Likely from sometime in the 1940's to 50's, but I am no expert on old bottles so it could be from the 1800's for all I know. Will put up a photo below and perhaps someone can tell me.

And Frank was using a newer design detector stand that is becoming popular. Got a photo of it. Well, not the best because of the grass, but it is nice because it keeps the detector well out of even taller grass and out of the wet and off the ground. I plan on getting me a couple of them.

So though there werent alot of finds made, those that were, were nice ones. And everyone had a great time, and we all got together for a bbq meal on sat evening which was enjoyed by all.
And we are all looking forward to another group hunt at another location next month.

Attachments

• homestead1.jpg
    homestead1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 265
  • homestead6ex.jpg
    homestead6ex.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCF3079a.jpg
    DSCF3079a.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 270
  • homestead1.jpg
    homestead1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 263
  • homestead6ex.jpg
    homestead6ex.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCF3070a.jpg
    DSCF3070a.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF3057a.jpg
    DSCF3057a.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCF3039a.jpg
    DSCF3039a.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 273

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Re: Colorado TNETer's hunt over but some photo's of it are in order

Really cool

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TEXAN Connection said:
Really cool

Yep...we all had a good time.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Sounds like a great time and definitely a nice place to hang out together. Looks like you found some nice things as well! Grats!

kevkirki

Jul 16, 2011
denver, colorado
Detector(s) used
M6/coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

very cool...I'll have to watch for the next one :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread