Colorado Winter Gold Find

C

Colorado Kid

Well Hello all, Just wanted to post A pic of a 7.6 gram nugget my cousin found today in a almost iced over stream that we fish in. My Uncle & brother & my self do all the hunting around for Gold ,rocks, and metal detecting, my cousin just tends to fish but he listens to us on where we are going and what to look for and low and behold he's walking along the icy stream pole in hand and spots this nice find. Go figure the one who ins't looking find the goods LOL...

Attachments

• Colorado Gold found 1-5-05 by Jake.JPG
    Colorado Gold found 1-5-05 by Jake.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Looks more like a blob than a nugget, any mining or smelting in that area? I would get a good look around that area
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?kenb

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
I agree with Kenb. That looks like a gold button not a regular nugget. It does look like it was smelted. Again like Kenb says-take a detector back there and take a look around. Don't forget you found this on the surface which is remarkable- perhaps a flood has washed away some old miner's gold button stash.

George

Doug-Iowa

Mar 31, 2003
Ottumwa, Iowa USA
That is definately a gold button. I would be hunting the area for the rest of the buttons that miner may have lost from his poke or pocket. Nice find for sure.

Doug-Iowa
DJ's Detectors

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very Nice,,, I definitely need to think about moving out of Indiana...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions