Columbus Replica ships Pinta & Nina to land in Daytona

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Columbus Replica ships Pinta & Nina to land in Daytona

Discover Pinta and The Nina - April 24th to May 3rd - School Group Tour Information: Columbus Replica ships Pinta & Nina to land in Daytona. The ships will be docked at the Inlet Harbor Marina, 133 Inlet Harbor Road, until their departure early Monday morning May 4th

April 24th-May 3rd
COLUMBUS’ SHIPS RETURN
The Columbus Replica Ships, The Nina and Pinta, will be on display. The Nina was built completely by hand without the use of power tools. Archaeology magazine calls Nina “the most historically correct Columbus replica ever built.” The craftsmanship of construction and the details in the rigging make it a truly fascinating visit back to the Age of Discovery. The Nina was used in the production of the film “1492” starring Gerard Depardieu and directed by Ridley Scott. The Pinta is available to be chartered for catered private parties. The prices are $6 for adults, $5 for seniors and $4 for children. Children 4 and under are Free. The ships are open every day from 9am to 6pm. No reservations necessary. Teachers wishing to schedule a 30 minute guided tour with a crew member should email [email protected]. A minimum of 15 people are required at $3.00 per person. Visit their website at www.thenina.com. Inlet Harbor will be offering students a boxed lunch containing an entrĂ©e, an apple, an individual bag of chips and a soft drink. The box lunch with either a ham and cheese or turkey and cheese sandwich will cost $3, while the cold chicken tender meal will cost $6. Teachers should contact Inlet Harbor at 386-767-5590, between 11am and 5pm, to put in their orders. Please do so at least 24 hours in advance. The visit of a lifetime!!!

May 2nd -3rd
CAPTAIN MORGAN PIRATE FEST
Captain Morgan arrives looking to party and gain two more prize ships, the Nina and Pinta. While he tries to figure out how to capture them, he’ll be partying with some wenches that travel everywhere with him. Anyone present, young and old will definitely enjoy themselves. You’ve seen him on TV, now you can see him for yourself. You might even dress up like him and win prizes or the chance to join his band of merry pirates. Don’t forget the wenches! YO! HO! HO!....AND A BOTTLE OF RUM!!!

Attachments

• NinaPinta_2009.jpg
    NinaPinta_2009.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 428

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Columbus Replica ships Pinta & Nina to land in Daytona

I saw them "sail" by my office about 6:00 last night and wondered what the deal was, thanks for the info Fisheye!

I also saw one the day before but didn't get a good look at it, is there another one going to Daytona?

mariner

Apr 4, 2005

About two years ago, the reproduction Nina visited the Oregon Coast, and I spoke to the Master while they were in Portland. I arranged to meet him again when he came down to my home town of Newport. A week later, my phone rang, and it was the Master of the Nina, which was sitting outside the mouth of the Yaquina River, and wanted some directions about which particular dock they were supposed to be using. It was a litttle surreal !

I think its a pretty good replica, (except for some of the flags, as you say, Ossie), and well worth a visit, but I was hesitant about crossing Yaquina Bay on her, let alone the Atlantic!

Mariner

Attachments

• Reduced file Nina.jpg
    Reduced file Nina.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,141

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mariner, they must have carried a lot of wine :D or just loco.
Cheers,Ossy
P.S the correct name is Christobal Colon ( Columbus )

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

Hey Fisheye,
Do you want to go over and see them?
Sounds like something to do...
Aquanut

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aquanut,

Sure,Im not doing anything this sunday,we can take my truck.Wont cost anything for fuel(runnin veggie oil).Give me a call sat night.

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

Yea, what's up with that, and where's the crow's nest ?

itmaiden

PS. I bet they got a motor

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
It's a shame the ships fly the wrong flags.
Ossy

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Fisheye,
Sounds like a plan!
John

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is why i said I saw it "sail" past my office, it was moving at a pretty good clip, with no sails unfurled!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I heard they are both diesel powered.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

well for safety reasons -- they are "powered" no doubt (remember the first one sank?) --- also these vessels are by law are "required" while in port to fly the flag of their country of "register"--just like any other vessel is these days.

still very cool to see how small these vessels actually were -- to think of making a sail powered only "open water " trans atlantic voyage in one is whacked *

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005

Budget problems. Got to remember this was in the early period of the Inquisition and Spain had not martyred enough innocent souls yet to acquire an adequate State Treasury.

I was reading some history the other day about Spain's debts to International Bankers (didn't know they existed that far back) and just wonder how long this debt to the bankers thing was going on.

itmaiden

ivan salis said:
well for safety reasons -- they are "powered" no doubt (remember the first one sank?) --- also these vessels are by law are "required" while in port to fly the flag of their country of "register"--just like any other vessel is these days.

still very cool to see how small these vessels actually were -- to think of making a sail powered only "open water " trans atlantic voyage in one is whacked *

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Well Fisheye, did you and Frank make it over to see the girls?
Aquanut

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aquanut,

Yeah we made it.The line to get on the ships was like 200 people long so we went down to the docks thru the resturant to see them.Wasnt what we expected as you can see in the photo.more photos to come.

Attachments

• nina.jpg
    nina.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 260

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used

Fisheye, Call me, It's important! Sorry to hear you were disappointed with the girls.
Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread