Combination Waiver and proof of Personal Liability Ins? Recommendations?

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi;

I am trying to work something up for when contacting a business/company for permission (such as a paper company) for access to their land. I am in contact with my insurance company (national, not a local) to find out if they offer "Personal Liability Insurance" or have a third party vendor I can obtain it from for use in my metal detecting. This way I can approach them with both a waiver or release of liability while also showing them that I have my own insurance.

So I have two questions regarding this approach?

1. Has anyone tried this combined approach and what is your success rate with company landowners.

2. Anyone have a source for me to pursue a "Personal Liabilty" insurance policy if I come up dry with my insurance company or should I try a local insurance company to where I live?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like keeping all my forms separate. I have one form for permission, one for liability, one for division of finds, and a bio/personal info sheet. No use giving them ideas or overwhelming them with paperwork as that can be counterproductive. Your homeowners insurance carrier is where I would go to get a rider to cover you on that property if it doesn't already. I wouldn't bring up anything unless the company does first. Then I'd have the forms with me and ready to sign. Most of the time you won't need them.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Mark is right: the fastest way to get a "no", is to start putting legal papers and contracts in front of a total stranger to sign or look at. A simple verbal "yes" is all you need. Unless THEY start asking for such things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread