Come witness my 1st Silver Half EVER! 1904S Barber Half!!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well its about time a half showed up under my coil, ok lemme get to the story first:

ok so today I had plans on hitting the turnpike south to a town called Quakertown, 20150625_091618.jpg I wanted to secure a permission in the worst way, I hit 3 ideal homes, 2 no one was home at, and the 3rd was a renter, sweet lady though, just couldn't grant permission, I decided "heck with this" and traveled 45 minutes south to the location where I got my French colonial copper the other day, easy public place that is just insane with history. So right away I picked up where I left off the other day and nailed wheat after wheat, I thought ok cool, lets get to the silver!, 5 wheats in, that's exactly what happened, 1910 barber dime!!:headbang: 1 barber a.jpg 1barber b.jpg so now im in the mindset, calm cool, collect, slow with the swing and 5-6 wheats later, bam another 1910 barber dime DUAL barber dimes of the same year!, barber 2.jpg the thing about this place is a lot of targets give weird VDIs, not what youd be used to, so I tried another section of the site and hit a clad dime, stood up, rescanned, and clear as day, loud 11-46 at 6-7 inches out pops the 1831 Largie!!!:headbang: 20150625_143324-1.jpg I had to text everyone the pics of course!:tongue3: after the largie I decided to make a slow march towards my car, and back to my first section I get a nice tone, out pops a 54 roosie, I thought cool, lets see the merc for the silver trifecta, sadly that didn't happen, but what happened next kind of obliterated that stupid trifecta. I got a weird 1-50, 7-48, 7-49 tone bouncing back and forth, and thought hmm, probly a can, it was 5-6 inches down and I dug under some roots, popped up dirt in my shovel and there she sat......1904S barber half!!!:headbang::headbang: MY FIRST SILVER HALF!!! 20150625_152501.jpg 20150625_152458.jpg I had no idea I was digging a great target, thought I had junk!, unfortunately I scraped the front by the date pretty good but I could care less, 20150625_153546.jpg 20150625_153534.jpg I got my first half and am super pumped!!! after the reveal I called George to tell him and called it a day, 20150625_153525.jpg 20150625_192200.jpg 20150625_192131.jpg 20150625_191406-1.jpg what a freakin good 3 out of 4 past days I had, couldn't be happier, thanks for reading the novel guys, hope you all can get out and swing that coil!!

thanks for looking and HH!!!

Time to celebrate: 20150625_195504.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 40
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet your still stoked and spilled some of the wine by shaking so much on your 1st sip. Awesome site, great hunt, and outstanding finds :occasion14:
lol thanks loco, I had a good day, a glass of wine or 2 felt appropriate lol!!!

That's a great site, & congrats on your first Half. You worked your way right to the top by digging a Barber for the first one. Good thing you had red wine for the victory. Its better for your heart in case your next half is a Seated or Capped Bust !
OMG I don't think id be able to live with myself if I ever scratched a seated or capped bust! THANKS!!

Nope, I just dug his holes for him!!
oh that's it, feed into this George lol!!

Wow! Awesome hunt. I'm trying to think if I ever found that many silvers in one hunt, and the answer is NO! 3 is my max and a freaken barber half and LC takes it over the top. Nice work man.
-Brad
Thanks Brad, these signals were hidden in weird VDIs, not what one would be used to

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first half!

You have been killing it lately... just plain killing it. Very well done.
Thanks tom, this week will be hard to top for sure!

Isn't that the same school he killed y'all at? And y'all left all this behind??
tyler I had to work for these signals, even the half wasn't 100% dead on, bouncing back and forth and I thought it was a can; hence the gouge off the face:BangHead:

Congrats on your first half and getting an older one is just better. You've had some great days out on the holidays and now you can enjoy some time with the family.
thanks Pepper, that's what its all about!

Sweet, great finds buddy! Congrats!
Thanks brad, youre the half king, im just glad to finally get 1

Looks like you have found a gold mine of p;aces to hunt. Super haul there.I will have to look harder for a place like you have located.
Thanks but these weren't my sites, I was invited by George, I owe him a lot, literally!!!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now with that settled are you now ready to discuss your statement that you will be fine with finding mercs after digging your previous Great finds?

hey I was fine with the barber dimes!, but yeah itll be tough to not hope and wish for that type of coinage near my area lol!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey I was fine with the barber dimes!, but yeah itll be tough to not hope and wish for that type of coinage near my area lol!

Admitting your addiction is halfway home to No Cureville.lol..I feel your pain

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Brad, these signals were hidden in weird VDIs, not what one would be used to

Shhhhhh, quiet now...don't go telling people this. :laughing7: Digging those crappy, weird VDI's is how I find all the good stuff. We should probably delete these posts now! hahaha

I've been having great luck digging those weird signals... mostly due to iron or depth. I have been rewarded greatly for putting in the effort in doing so.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt!!

Multiple silvers, old copper, your first silver half, Awesome!!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure thing OD. I do what I can do for the team.

I just watched the video, brings back fond memories for me.
Fond Memories Tom? You mean Ointment day when Chris drove 2 hours and did this? Ouch
20150608_231310.jpg 20150608_224755.jpg

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man! What a great spot!!! I love the barber designs, I have only found one half so far, a WL, which I am tickled with, but I think I got more excited when I found my first Barber quarter, a month or so ago, I can't imagine pulling out a Barber that large! That was very sweet! I like the LC too.. and the 1722 copper, WOW! WTG! liked the video as well. I know more will come out of there, I can't believe in a city that place hasn't been cleaned out! HH!

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and love all the Barbers. Hope my trip today goes as well. Headed for Bunker Hill WV for some civil war hunting.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and love all the Barbers. Hope my trip today goes as well. Headed for Bunker Hill WV for some civil war hunting.
thanks, good luck on your hunt, bring back some civil war goodies!

Man! What a great spot!!! I love the barber designs, I have only found one half so far, a WL, which I am tickled with, but I think I got more excited when I found my first Barber quarter, a month or so ago, I can't imagine pulling out a Barber that large! That was very sweet! I like the LC too.. and the 1722 copper, WOW! WTG! liked the video as well. I know more will come out of there, I can't believe in a city that place hasn't been cleaned out! HH!
thanks alot!, the targets are hidden/masked below alot of junk, and I mean alot, ya gotta work sloooooow

Fond Memories Tom? You mean Ointment day when Chris drove 2 hours and did this? Ouch
View attachment 1179627 View attachment 1179629
oh boy, lol thanks tyler tom was starting to talk to me again, now he won't for a while lol!!!

Last edited:

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:weee:At a loss for words right now:notworthy: you've been red hot out there:headbang: looks like a great vacation,enjoy the rest of it. Then get back out there fast so you don't cool off:rocks:

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killin it good thing u didn't come out with me lol

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's still nothing like firsts! Each one is a really special deal.

Congrats and welcome to the club.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would seem that this school yard has been only skimmed over by others.....that's a lot of good coinage for a well noticed school yard on a busy street. Nice hunt and video

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a nice way to get a first silver half !!! :occasion14: Lots of other goodies too bet you will always remember finding that first half !

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a beautiful half

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats insane.. Awesome job... I don't think i would leave that spot for awhile..

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shave and a haircut...6 bits!!! That's a barber kind of day!!! What a great hunt! Congrats, I'd love a day like you had!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killin it good thing u didn't come out with me lol
Thanks, but you've had quite the year yourself!, all about luck, being on the right spot, and actually putting your coil over the goods!

There's still nothing like firsts! Each one is a really special deal.

Congrats and welcome to the club.
Thanks a lot gary, youre right, each first in this hobby is so memorable, its hard to pick the one I enjoyed the most, im gonna say my first ever large cent 3 years ago when I was with my son, he grabbed it and ran around the cornfield like a lunatic lol, that's what ill never forget, sharing that memory with my son!

It would seem that this school yard has been only skimmed over by others.....that's a lot of good coinage for a well noticed school yard on a busy street. Nice hunt and video
Thanks Village, I think others might have been swayed by masked targets, low tones, "off" vdi's etc, just gotta be patient that's all

Damn!! You brought the hammer down bro!! So jealous of that half, no gonna lie. Lol. Congrats
Thanks CD, theyre out there, apparently if this clown can find em, they still exist lol!!

Thats a nice way to get a first silver half !!! :occasion14: Lots of other goodies too bet you will always remember finding that first half !
thanks Carm, you bet this is up there in my most memorable hunts!

Congrats on a beautiful half
thank ya sir!

Thats insane.. Awesome job... I don't think i would leave that spot for awhile..
Thank you so much, I wanted to stay, but 115 miles from home, long trek!! but waaaaay worth it to me!

Shave and a haircut...6 bits!!! That's a barber kind of day!!! What a great hunt! Congrats, I'd love a day like you had!
Thanks McClod, I still cant believe I finally found one, you could imagine my shock when it was in my shovel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread