Coming back to garrett

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. Some may remember me some not but I've been over on the deus site more and really haven't been on much. But Garrett did what I asked for so I'm coming back to my favorite detector company. I've had ace, at pro and at gold. The gold was my favorite by far and found the oldest coin I've ever found to date. I've been swinging the xp deus and it's a good detector but it can't get wet easy and to tell you the truth I've felt like I've been missing something since I sold my at gold. Well now I'm getting the at Max and there will be zero learning curve for me. I've had the dues for 2 years now and still have troubles setting it up in some spots. I never had that problem with the pro or gold. I got my old at pro back from the guy I sold it to but the gold went where I can't get it back easy. If you have any questions on setting up any of the machines let me know. I'll be here alot for the near future. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my XT1585 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only challenge with the Garrett detctors(own them as well) you truly need 3 detectors(different frequencies) to cover one XP Deus or Minelab multi frequency

I too love the ease of use on a Garrett however the geekiness of a multi frequency HITS/“SEES” a lot more targets.

Th XP Deus depth is out of this world in a side by side with a Garrett with similar size coil.

Just my personal observation

E091FD5A-30D2-4EF0-84E7-F1CCF83E6E54.jpeg

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't disagree with you but I'm my exp and the type of detecting I do the at gold was perfect. So I'm thinking the at Max will be just as good or even better for me.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
"there will be zero learning curve​ for me" :laughing7: ..... But lots on the digging curve!

Welcome back! One detector does not do it all. There is a lot to say about cost and simplicity! Hope you continue to get great finds.:occasion14:

. picgifs-clapping-123379.gif

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John, I watched one of your YouTube videos the other day. Great job on the video.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought the same thing the other day because my deus loves crown caps . For the life of me I can not see how a $500 ATP can nail a crown cap and a $1500 machine says it is a coin . Then after an hour of swinging the ATP my arm , back and shoulder reminded me why we bought a deus .

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the weight of the xp deus for sure. It's going to take some getting used to on the heavier At Max.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you have great success with your new at max. I guess some just don't click with the deus......I could never go back to a heavier detector makes my back hurt now. I bought a ctx which might be a tad bit heavier than the at pro it about killed me..

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it's going to take some time getting use to weight. In the water it won't be a problem but I won't get in water till spring now.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend the winter with some light barbells. Then by spring the weight won't be an issue. I swing an ATPro with the NEL Storm coil. It's a bit heavy, but I do exactly what I'm suggesting to you and I have no issues.

On a side note, I was at a detector shop in Toronto on the weekend and picked up an E-trac for the first time. I've been curious because of how heavy and unbalanced they are supposed to be. Not at all. Not impressed by the build quality, but the weight was no problem. I'm throwing this out there because like most hobbies and/or sports, there is some onus on each of us to keep in shape to be able to do it. Just my opinion, for whatever it's worth.

Dan

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt 3 or 4 times a week and walk miles in and out the woods and fields so the in shape part is not a problem. I used to swing a pro with a nel attack coil then I got a light weight machine and never again will I swing a heavy one. BTW I just saw a video by my buddy the hunter gt where he test the at max against a teknitics machine. You guys go check it out in the head to head section ,I posted a link over there. The nail test start at the 7 min mark. Its the first test on the max of this kind ive saw. please comment on the results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread