COMING SOON TO A WAL-MART NEAR YOU.......THE NEW CZ-20 FROM BOUNTY HUNTER

JUNKMAGNET

Greenie
Aug 3, 2006
I decided a week or so ago to buy another cz-20 after having to sell mine last year for some quick cash. so i got on the net and started to check some of the forums ,because i hadent checked them for over a year.(that was nice) i have used many under water detectors in the past and my top picks were the excal 1000 and the cz-20 they each had their own high pionts and their drawbacks (very few) but the warranty was what made me decide to go ahead and buy the cz-20 so i logged on to kellycos web site for reference, and proceeded to the cz 20 page and i noticed a banner reading act fast and get your cz-20 soon before the warranty's change.due to being bought out by texas something.... it said they had one more left with the life time warrante . so i called my local detector shop to order a ten incher from him if he could get the lifetime warrante then to my suprize he told me that he cant even get any because they were discontinued. and further that the company that bought fisher was the bounty hunters parent company. ITS NO WONDER THEY CHANGED THE WARRANTY'S .....THAT DONT FIT IN WITH THE CHINA-MART PHILOSOPHY. so i bought an excal 1000 for the third time from him.
my biggest concern was that if i got the cz20 with a lifetime warranty now. A WARRANTE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE COMPANY ISSUING IT. and i cant hardly see a company like bounty hunter having tons of high dollar electronics wizards just waiting to fix your high dollar detector to the same standards that fisher would.
thats just my opinion on the matter, and i hope i didnt offend anybody.
cz-20 users of the future it looks bleak with the texas co. responsible for the bounty hunters line of detectors recently purchasing fisher. I know that this is just another typical buisness being bought out by a company who wants a name to slap on their sub-par product to boost sales. but the name fisher has earned a reputation over the years with one of the best u/w detectors on the market and a whole host of well performing and WELL BACKED products with lifetime warranty's
i know if i had a cz-20 right now i would sell it now while they are in high demand, before bounty hunter decides that fixing all the old cz-20's is just too "cost prohibitive" and refuses to fix the cz-20s all together.
i know this is possible because companys do it everyday after a take over. just look at the computer market
i dont want to be mr.doomsday but i think anybody should think long and hard before buying or keeping the cz-20
its just a shame. because i loved the cz-20

Attachments

• da_1_b.jpg
    da_1_b.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 749
Upvote 0

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi Junkmagnet: Welcome to the TN Forum ;D

As a former, now retired, small business owner, I too find it sad to see the "Acquisitions" that are going on; but that's the way it is now.

I started with a Bounty Hunter detector a little over a year ago; now also have an Ace 250 and Minelab X70. Had no problems with the BH, but did know some who needed warranty work and First Texas took care of them in an A-1 manner.

The question is now: Will growth hamper their reputation for service? Only time will tell. But from my experience (farm equipment wholesale), I always observed that growth in major proportions usually leads to inefficiency in every department, not just service. Only time will tell.

Good Luck with the Excal.

DFIU

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say it, But I have to agree with you JUNKMAGNET.

They may continue to Honer the Lifetime warranties,

However the Quality of the Replacement parts may suffer.

I'm not sure where Fisher Bought it's parts.

Nice Post cards by the way.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Fisher has been bought by First Texas, sales of all Fishers has fallen off. I won't recommend them anymore due to the poor service and way they've treated the CZ20 owners. It costs almost as much to buy a new detector than to get your old one fixed. What good is that old warranty if they tell you they can not get the parts for your detector anymore. Just my two cents........

Sandman

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I have heard the same thing from Fisher owners who sent theirs in for repair- whopper bill comes with the lifetime warranty now, unfortunately. Glad mine has put up with the abuse I've given it so far. Damn fine detectors, its a shame.

Z

ZumbroKid

Them Bounty Hunter machines are good on rare gold coins boys.

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
I read this and a simular style post a couple days ago so I decided to go back and do some actual fact checking.
1) First Texas took over Fisher on May 15th 2006, thats about 90 days ago.
2) The posts I reviewed about high repair bills from Fisher products peaked in early May.
3) Fisher was, Quote from New Owner " A company that has not been profitable for years."
4) selling price was 3.2 million ( I would expect a company like this to sell for assets plus average years sales)
5) First Texas employed 120 to 200 workers in Texas. Texas is not in China
6) The staff that they want to retain from Fisher has been offered jobs at First Texas Operations in Texas.
7) Reading the posts it appears Fisher has had different length warrantys themselfs over the years.

It seems logical to me that any cash Fisher could turn before May 15th would be retained by them and help with pay roll etc. so is'nt it possable they may have milked the repair cow a bit ?? I don't belive all Fishers problems happened in the last 90 days. Also look at a few of the many forums on sand and surf hunting, when people ask about machines what is regularly recommeneded, the Excell for salt water.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zumbrokid said:
Them Bounty Hunter machines are good on rare gold coins boys.
Even Pee-Wee Herman had his 2 minutes of fame.You got lucky,machine or research had nothing to do with it.Get over yourself,your a legend in your own mind.Shoo,shoo-fly,shoo!

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 422

luckyduckie

Greenie
Apr 13, 2005
i spoke with a customer service rep from fisher. the new warranty for fisher is going to be 5 years with the option to buy lifetime coverage for 79.99. anybody who bought a machine before may of 2006 will still have the same deal honored.

luckyduckie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread