Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woman in Commercial.

A woman says, “You do all this research on a perfect car. Gas mileage, horsepower, torque ratios. Three spreadsheets later, you finally bring home the one, then smash it into a tree. Your insurance company is all too happy to raise your rates. Maybe you should have done a little more research on them.”

The Proper response I have....
Maybe she should have learned to Drive on the Road :coffee2:

in all my years, A tree has never jumped out in front of me

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess you've never slid on red Georgia clay in a Bonneville tank! :laughing7:
Them pecan trees can uproot and RUN right into you! :BangHead: :notworthy: :laughing7:

I hate those commercials, maybe, they should teach ppl to be more responsible!
Them trees and such teach hard learned lessons......
If you're stupid, I guess you have to keep repeating them lessons........ :BangHead:
(only one pecan tree ever ran at me, and I wasn't even the one driving......) :laughing7:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeff!! Women Drivers!! He He!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dunno, Jeff.... You're getting dangerously close to suggesting personal accountability for one's actions. :laughing7:

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personal responsibility is a lesson not taught to the Millinial generation.

Blkcloud

Apr 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woman in Commercial.

A woman says, “You do all this research on a perfect car. Gas mileage, horsepower, torque ratios. Three spreadsheets later, you finally bring home the one, then smash it into a tree. Your insurance company is all too happy to raise your rates. Maybe you should have done a little more research on them.”

The Proper response I have....
Maybe she should have learned to Drive on the Road :coffee2:

Try driving around in a thunderstorm after a few hours of soaking rain.. the slightest breeze and a tree will jump right out in front of you..

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Guess you've never slid on red Georgia clay in a Bonneville tank! :laughing7:
Them pecan trees can uproot and RUN right into you! :BangHead: :notworthy: :laughing7:

I hate those commercials, maybe, they should teach ppl to be more responsible!
Them trees and such teach hard learned lessons......
If you're stupid, I guess you have to keep repeating them lessons........ :BangHead:
(only one pecan tree ever ran at me, and I wasn't even the one driving......) :laughing7:

Pat, did it look anything like this?

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better check and see if that tree wasn't donated and planted by the Insurance Underwriter's of America....

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG Chad, you trying to gimme nightmares..... :laughing7:
I wan't hollering for momma either...... :notworthy: :laughing7:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of my friends get embarrassed riding with me, just because I yell things like. "Those mirrors aren't just for makeup sweetheart!" This one gets the best facial expressions from the guys. Or my most used one "Why the heck didn't buy something you could drive fool?"

Jeff, did you happen to notice the lady on that commercial is walking on soft grass with those spike high heels? Maybe she should've researched if her insurance covers broken ankles & burns from spilled coffee?

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back when I was an EMT three different cars hit the same tree in about a six week period. If it hadn't been for that tree, the cars would have gone into the house. After the third accident the owners put several large boulders in their yard.

One serious injury the other two were minor. Oh and all three drivers were men.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when I was an EMT three different cars hit the same tree in about a six week period. If it hadn't been for that tree, the cars would have gone into the house. After the third accident the owners put several large boulders in their yard.

One serious injury the other two were minor. Oh and all three drivers were men.
My buddys moms shop got broken into several times by thieves backing pickups through the brick wall. We rented a drill, and sunk 6" steel pipe 8+ feet in the ground and filled them with concrete. You guessed it they came back and tried it again. They found the driver unconscious behind the wheel. Her friend lived on a corner & she hired us to do the same around her lot. The city came by and said it wasn't pretty enough. Ok, we covered the posts & rails with split wood and I'm darned proud to say you can't tell it from a couple other split rail fences in the hood! No accidents except a neighbors car rolled out the drive & tapped it.
Being an EMT ever seen cars get hung up in trees? How about a camper shell 14 or 15 up one tree and the pickup standing on it's nose hanging on the next one?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread