OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you imagine trying to ID a find without pictures? A metal detecting site without pics would be pretty silly and pointless.
OWK, you have impressed me greatly with your abilities and willingness to help ID finds too. Keep up the good work:icon_thumright:

Thanks Old Dude.

Figuring out what things are, and researching the history of them is a huge kick for me.

OP
OP
OWK

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
course now if I find something good I'll be afraid to post it

That's OK... you can just send it to me... I'll post it for you...

Yeah... post it... Yeah... that's what I'll do.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Occasionally we find nice things. Just how nice depends on whether we wish to show the world (and "others") what we've found :)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whoa did you hear her?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
whoa did you hear her?

That was pretty quick! Certainly Jeff perked right up :)

Of course then, girls are pretty necessary to have around - but I will say rather expensive (two divorces - I'd be more financially able if not for them) :(

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! I just couldn't resist!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the stuff I have no one will ever see....except maybe at my estate auction, whenever that is. Had three attempted break ins in the last 3 years (It's the economy) and I'm sure I was not targeted for antiques, because I'm a stealthy cat and don't advertise my collection. They hit a lot of houses here over a few months. Then it stopped. They must have gotten caught. I'm not a dealer, and do not go to relic shows or coin shows or such, maybe 1 a year, and unless you see it here, you will never see it. Collection's not big.....but....I like it. But I love digging. A lot of stuff I dug over the last couple years I donated to a museum or gave away to kids. My mom got me started before I was 10. She's gone now and would have a cow to see what I have managed to dig. But it's still just stuff. It has no value whatsoever unless someone else wants it. I was watching some old Roman themed movies this week plus went to see "Risen" on the big screen. Those civilizations are gone, and we just have a small amount of relics and some written records to tell us about the entire civilization. What he have now will become dust or rust one day. We should not hold onto stuff too tightly. And to me stuff is just....stuff...I do not place my faith in it. Finding it is fun, but once found, well, for me, it's the CHASE that matters, not the having, and not what other people think.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found many Banner finds but never made Banner! Why??... Some where found before I was a member of TNET , some I was a member!! Never received enough votes!
Because (I think)they didn't believe I actually found it!
Guess what ............So what!
Don't do away with the Banner finds.
HH

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner finds should also be for more common items, especially if newbies or young people find them. Or if they were found under difficult conditions.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner finds should also be for more common items, especially if newbies or young people find them. Or if they were found under difficult conditions.

Sorry, want happen, Banner finds are for rare, exceptional, unusual or unique finds.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a 1916 wheatie today, is that a rare one?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess square nails won't count then......

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
OK banners stay but what about "old"? When does old get old? Like "Old bullet", why would anyone
post a new bullet?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread