Common sense

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I don't know why I have no common sense when it comes to going hunting. The weather is nasty here. Rain, rain, rain. Anyone in their right mind would have stayed home today. NOT ME. **sigh** Well I don't mind if it rains... I'm going to get wet anyway but won't hunt if I see lightening. I got over there and it was barely sprinkling. OK that's ok, I can deal with that. This is a small beach near home and I know others hunt it too but DARNNNNN can't they leave me SOMETHING? They did the same thing to me last week. I am betting that they are hunting Sunday afternoon or evening and by the time I get over there on Monday morning theres nothing left but holes to step in! Sheesh. I didn't even get one signal until I had been hunting for an hour and then I did hit one quarter! A little later I managed one penny. OH BOY.... well at least I got SOMETHING! ::) Everytime I would think I better go home and forget it the rain would let up and it would just sprinkle so I would start another line in the water. I'd get chest deep and darned if it didn't rain harder til I could barely see. I'd start back to shore and it would let up. Stupid rain.... make up your mind! I started to see a little lightening and decided it was time to call it a day even though I didn't get to hunt very long and I didn't find hardly anything, it was still nice to get out for a bit. According to the weather on tv it is supposed to rain for the next few days off and on. Will I be smart and stay home? I doubt it! :wink:

Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
You never know what you are going to find. Personally, I like going hunting in the rain. I usually have the beach to myself. No questions like, "do you ever find anything good?" You know, the usual questions. Just me and the beach. Just getting out is a treasure. Next time it is raining, you will be the first on to the beach and load up on the treasure. Don't get discouraged. HH. Ralph

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your probably right about the sunday sweepers. They cant get it all! Good hunting in nasty conditions - the rain will keep them away and you can play. :D

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Common Sense? Who said we had Common Sense? Not me! Either way it's not going ta stop us! RIGHT?

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't run across a Detectorholic with Common Sense yet. Me included.

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey just be glad you can at least get out and hunt. I woke up this morning to snow flying in East Tennessee, it was 75 degrees last week??? I won't be even able to get in the water here for another 2 months so just be thankful you are in Florida and at least have a CHANCE to find something in the water. Better luck next time and when you have another hunt like this just remember all of us land locked teeth chatterin' pirates that would love to trade places with you!!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Captain Loosechange said:
Hey just be glad you can at least get out and hunt. I woke up this morning to snow flying in East Tennessee, it was 75 degrees last week??? I won't be even able to get in the water here for another 2 months so just be thankful you are in Florida and at least have a CHANCE to find something in the water. Better luck next time and when you have another hunt like this just remember all of us land locked teeth chatterin' pirates that would love to trade places with you!!

You are quite right! I should count my blessings! Sometimes it's easier to complain about something instead of being grateful for what we had. YOU ARE RIGHT! Thanks! :wink:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain Loosechange said:
You will get your revenge this summer. In July we will be the ones wanting to trade places,because we will be wilting under the sun down here.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out hunting in it as well.

Today was my day to hunt, so I did.

Like my old squad leader used to say "If it ain't raining, we ain't training and if ain't snowin', we ain't goin' ."

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
mumszie said:
SonnyFl said:
Common Sense? Who said we had Common Sense? Not me! Either way it's not going ta stop us! RIGHT?

Ya got that right, Sonny. Ya got that right! LOL

You got the common since right.

I was a Raul Letter carrier before I retired and my route went right past a popular fishing lake. Many times I watched guys pulling their boats out to the lake in literally a snow storm to go fishing. Question is is that dedication or what.

Like them we don't let a little inclement weather stop us.

Mumszie , this is getting off the subject a little, but a while back you posted about arthritis being a big problem with your knee and hip. There is a treatment that uses injections of ground up Rooster crowns that works miracles on knees. Like you I had a knee that other types of injections did me no good what so ever , but the series of three shoots in my knee for the Ground up Rooster crowns worked miracles and that has been a couple years ago and it has not returned. I don't know it would help your hip but your doctor could answer that. It can't hurt to ask. Hate to see anyone suffer. Rick :coffee2:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Rockin Chairs Gold said:
mumszie said:
SonnyFl said:

Mumszie , this is getting off the subject a little, but a while back you posted about arthritis being a big problem with your knee and hip. There is a treatment that uses injections of ground up Rooster crowns that works miracles on knees. Like you I had a knee that other types of injections did me no good what so ever , but the series of three shoots in my knee for the Ground up Rooster crowns worked miracles and that has been a couple years ago and it has not returned. I don't know it would help your hip but your doctor could answer that. It can't hurt to ask. Hate to see anyone suffer. Rick :coffee2:

Interesting...... I did some research on this last night and you are right. They do use an extract of rooster combs for arthritis now. I don't think that is what my doctor used. Whatever he gave me in my knee has not worked but then I've had shots in my knee before and they didn't help either. Thanks for the info and BTW I am originally from central Illinois too. ::)

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
Rockin Chairs Gold said:
mumszie said:
SonnyFl said:

Interesting...... I did some research on this last night and you are right. They do use an extract of rooster combs for arthritis now. I don't think that is what my doctor used. Whatever he gave me in my knee has not worked but then I've had shots in my knee before and they didn't help either. Thanks for the info and BTW I am originally from central Illinois too. ::)
Hey My Dad was having a real problem with his knees a couple of years ago and someone told him to take a mixture of honey and vinegar, 1 teaspoon a couple of times a day and it worked like you would never believe. He takes that every day and no more knee pain!!!

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
[/quote]

Interesting...... I did some research on this last night and you are right. They do use an extract of rooster combs for arthritis now. I don't think that is what my doctor used. Whatever he gave me in my knee has not worked but then I've had shots in my knee before and they didn't help either. Thanks for the info and BTW I am originally from central Illinois too. :

Mumszie - Glad to help. I hope your doctor will work with you on this and you can get some relief. Rick :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions