Community sale Gold find......teeth.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi friends, has anybody bought gold teeth before? This is the first for me. I went to about five comm sales yesterday. At the first one, I asked a gentleman if he had any watches. He pulled out a pocket watch that looked like Gold. After I inquired if the watch was for sale, he then changed his mind. I noticed he pulled out a medicine bottle as well, and I inquired what was in there. He said that they were some Gold teeth. I didn't thing too much about it, and asked if they were for sale. He said yes. I offered him $50, and he accepted it. They are 20 g approx. I took it to my watchmaker/jeweler, and he mentioned to me that they were 16k Gold, that all teeth are made in 16k Gold. I never knew that. I've getting a lot of heat from family, but they do not bother me. :) Your thoughts and opinions are sincerely appreciated. 20190406_115133.jpg 20190406_115136.jpg 20190406_115139.jpg

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold is gold ..Good score

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with toddbbq. I’m sure you’ll make some money. Congrats

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old crowns used to be a DDS cash cow. Fewer now anymore. Free money for them unless you asked for the old one back. Dentists scrap them just like you will do with the ones you bought at the sale. They are high gold content and any pawn shop will buy them from you.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve bought gold teeth at estate sales ( they didn’t realize the teeth were gold) and sold them on eBay. It was almost gross at first, then the money I made kicked that idea out of my head! As was mentioned...gold is gold.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have bought them before, my gold buyer pays more for them, great score!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my brothers Dad passed he had gold teeth in his inheritance, His Dad had collected quite a few, plus he had gold coins and silver coins in coffee cans.I got my brother to get holders for the coins so as not to scratch them up more than they were.The teeth we put to the side but he still has them gold is gold.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve picked up quite a few teeth, bridges and crowns over the years. Still haven’t sold them but usually people have no idea they are gold.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice purchase! :occasion14:

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aside from dentists where do you find gold teeth?

I've wondered if morticians would pull them before sewing the mouth shut

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aside from dentists where do you find gold teeth?

I've wondered if morticians would pull them before sewing the mouth shut

I went to high school with a guy who worked for a mortician and he would steal any and everything that would not be seen, gold teeth, cowboy boots, etc.
So knowing that, I told my wife to have mine pulled so someone else did not get them.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I smashed up 2 teeth set in gold today. Same counter, make drinks for the neighbors, eh! 🤷🏽*♂️

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread