Compadre...What A Neat Little Tector!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got this little unit delivered today and got a short little hunt in with it tonight.

What a neat little machine. I mainly got for my 10yo boy who won't even touch my Coinmaster Pro anymore (can't blame him)! He has gravitated to my MXTP but he's a little guy and the MXTP is a bit of a handful (or two) for him. Besides, my adult daughter has more or less claimed dibs on the MXTP when we all go out.

Anyway...the little Compadre is quite a performer. I took it out and dug some pennies with one being close to 6" deep. Now I just have to teach him how to use a non display tector.
As much fun to use (maybe even more so) as the Vaq or Outlaw I had!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U could always give him ur Atpro lol

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got home tonight and didn't feel like sittin in front of the tube so I took the Compadre to the playground a few blocks away and dug about a bucks worth of clad and this little number.

ring01.JPG ring02.JPG ring03.JPG

Much better way to kill an hour instead of watching tv!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Course it is u want to know a better way doin it with a deus xp.

Lol just messin with ya fella

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep the Compadre does rock! I had more fun with it than with my Vaquero.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For just plain simple fun, a Compadre is hard to beat.
luvsdux

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The compadre is a beast. And a Vaquero and a Compadre make a good team

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a Vaq...now I don't

Also had an Outlaw. Both fine machines. The Outlaw needed to go back to the factory after only 2 weeks though. Seems the Outlaws had some issues when they came out.
Reason I don't have em...I just don't prefer single tone machines and spinning a dial to see what a target might be got a little old. I'll take multi tones and a vdi # any day.
Other than that, the Tesoros I've owned were fine performing detectors. I hunt with the guy that bought both my Tesoros and we compare stuff all the time. NEVER seen him have an advantage over anything else I've ever swung. (not including entry level stuff).
In fact, I just pulled an Indian & a Wheat with my ATP (gasp!) from under his clothesline a week ago that he passed up with both Tesoros on several occasions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions