Company Will Press Your Ashes Into A Vinyl Record!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
The wife and I were talking about being cremated so the kids wouldn't have to worry about all the stuff that goes with burial. The wife had a great idea - have us placed in a build-a-bear so the kids could dress us up at Christmas, Easter, etc. Dang - great idea UNTIL I read that a Company Will Press Your Ashes Into A Vinyl Record. Decisions decisions decisions...

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what my life would sound like on vinyl. That might be a song no one would listen too.....:laughing7:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
kind of cool and creepy at the same time
im going to pass the link on to 2 people, i think it is
something they would be interested in

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I have both decided on cremation as well.

But I'd rather just be scattered in the woods or near a lake or river.

As ServPro says: "Like it never even happened"

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm having my ashes converted to a digital format. Vinyl is SO ​over.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im going with cremated. I told my wife to just flush me down the toilet. All drains lead to the ocean!!

Solids get thickened, biologically digested, centrifuged, dried and stabilized with hydrated lime and then trucked to the landfill. ;-)

Local boater died and asked for his ashes to be released over Cayuga Lake. So a family friend with a Piper Cub agreed to take the urn and a helper up. They opened the urn, struggled with the sealed contents and when they cracked open the door the inrush of wind in the cabin stirred up with a cloud of the deceased all over them and the floor. After they landed he was dust-busted and tipped in directly from shore to complete his wishes.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happens if you get played backwards?

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I have both decided on cremation also. If she goes first, I'm going to take her ashes around the country and spread a few at her favorite places. If I go first, they are putting me in an Urn and I'll be resting on the hearth by the fire place.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Solids get thickened, biologically digested, centrifuged, dried and stabilized with hydrated lime and then trucked to the landfill. ;-)

Local boater died and asked for his ashes to be released over Cayuga Lake. So a family friend with a Piper Cub agreed to take the urn and a helper up. They opened the urn, struggled with the sealed contents and when they cracked open the door the inrush of wind in the cabin stirred up with a cloud of the deceased all over them and the floor. After they landed he was dust-busted and tipped in directly from shore to complete his wishes.

Oh well. But then what will I know. Ill be dead!!

ckpage86

Jan 7, 2017
Tucson, AZ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd have to be pressed into a copy of "Animals" or "Wish you were here" as those are the best Pink Floyd albums ever. It'd be a tough choice though as to which one. :)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
your wife wants to be made into a stuffed animal for your kids to keep?

smack her for me, that's just creepy

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would worry cause I wouldn't have any say in which record. My son would probably be in charge of that and with the way he thinks, I'd probably wind up on a K-Tel Greatest Disco Hits. On cremation, one member of my family has been cremated. It took two weeks to settle out the arguments about whether that should done. And an alternative method, that boy of mine says he wants his body to be left on the prairie so coyotes, buzzards, and other scavengers return it to the earth. Not a bad idea really, and it goes back to some of our ancestors being hoisted up on scaffolds on the plains.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasuresalvor, I know if I were pressed into vinyl and played backwards, the sound coming out would be a voice saying "I'm stuck in here. Get me out, Get me out now!" Freaky huh! Just cremate and toss into nearest ocean, all the instructions that I have left. Thanks!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well do you record your life story before that make cut a record out of your ashes? -- if so you could in a way --speak after death-- like say tell folks your will --who gets what --or tell off folks that you couldn't afford to in "real life" ....or tell folks that you'll haunt them .for the evil they did in life to you ..or of course you could be kind ...telling your loved ones not to greave too much that your in heaven now ..and that you love them and will watch over them ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread