Comparison

D

David in Alabama

Upvote 0
B

BIG BAD JOHN

David: I would start with the QuickDraw II if you have the extra cash. It has nine target categories compared to only five categories for the LoneStar. The QDII is a bit deeper and includes a depth readout. Some folks don't care for the depth indicator, but I like them. Most are not 'dead-on' accurate, but they give an indication of about how far to dig for a coin-sized target.

WalMart sells the Pioneer 202 also made by Bounty Hunter which is a twin to the QDII. The WalMart package includes an instructional video and a digging kit for $198 plus tax. If the bonus is big enough you really should check out the Pioneer 505 which is essentially a Bounty Hunter SharpShooter II with an added depth indicator, digging kit (pouch and trowel), instructional video, and 4" Gold Nugget coil (great for working in between items to find the good stuff in trashy sites). It also includes no motion all metal mode for pinpointing

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Depth readout is very nice. Where it is frustrating is when you pass over something big. It will give a false reading. I hit a spot today saying 4 inches on a silver coin. Dug four inches and nothing....dug another 4 and nothing....dug at least 12 inches and found a buried galvinized pipe for drainage. I have no idea why I saw it in this small area, but not a foot away. It was a bummer finding a pipe.

B

BIG BAD JOHN

David: Gribnitz is right, larger, deeper items can fool the detector into thinking the target is a quarter at 7" when it's a beer can at 15". This is where the no-motion all-metal mode comes in handy. When using the mode to pinpoint the target, you can use it to 'outline' the target and see if it appears larger than a coin. BBJ

fetz

Nov 27, 2004
lebanon,pa
Detector(s) used
ace 250/Tesoro Cortes/ Whites Bullseye pinpointer
bought a sharpshooter 2 couple yrs ago as a backup i love it in playgrounds to coin shoot has pulled alot of coins and jewlery for me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread