Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Different banks one was leaving when I was going in and the other was in the bank making a dump and trying to pick up more. Talked to the one inside he was on a road trip also. Said he was not finding much lately.....Matt

I've seen more and more crhers in the last couple months. Everyone is buying halves, getting harder to find them. I might have to switch up to dimes for a while.

I can tell [based on my short time] that CRHin has gone up by the comments i get from the tellers when looking for halves.

Both of my pickup banks have other people ordering boxes now. it was just me and one other person(she does 3k/week), now there are at least 4 more.

cant help that the new young CRHers are probably bragging so now everyone and their mother is catching on

This hobby is like fishing, its ok to tell someone who has discovered that they like fishing how to tie a knot, or what kinda pole to use, but I would NEVER tell someone where my best fishing hole was or what kinda bait to use.

I went to a new bank the other day, and ran into a guy picking up boxes, so I had a word with him. I said "we're both doing the same thing, and the fact that you order from here and they know you means that you have been here already, where do you hit, so that way we're not stepping on each other's toes."

The guy was apreciative, and we made a gentleman's agreement not to step into each other's territory. The good thing about Long Island, is there are PLENTY of banks to search.

Re: Competition is up FOR SURE!

I have coffee with a few metal detector friends from the local club on occasion. One older fellow ( which happens to be one of the best/ and luckiest detectors in the club and environs) mentioned that a teller gives him the silver halfs when she comes across them. He next mentions that he has been reading on treasure net about the crh just seems to complicated to get involved. I was tight lipped and did not mention a thing! I just mentioned that a teller also gave me a Booker T Commemorative Half. That I really found CRH. The past several years I have been politely asking him to take me along on one of his hunts in order to learn from some of these old time veterans in the sport, with little and no luck. They all seem tight knuckled on their private spot to hunt! And so it goes!
Like DPY says ITs like Fishing you dont give up your honey hole!

mlayers said:
I do beleive with the price of silver going up the competition has also gone up in CRH. I went out for my Saturday hunt and ran into 2 others that was dumping or getting coins.....Matt

Well you are right about that, In fact you are somebodies competition as well.

My Favorite bank teller I talk to tells me that there is an older woman who gets rolls from her daily, what's odd is she only gets about 20 dollars worth or so of dimes :dontknow:

and then returns them the next day with her intials on them, which sorta urkes me, but the teller is nice enough to get me the rolls that are unsearched

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back