Complete French Colonial Shoe Buckle!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got back out to the site I've been hunting this past few weeks to hit another area. Still haven't found the "site" but did find a little pocket of musket balls and a very nice French shoe (breech) buckle! This is the first French buckle of this type that I've found in this condition. This is as it is out of the dirt. I'll do a little cleaning before it gets into the display case.

1xwyk.jpg

rxhpa.jpg

frnox.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Louis d'or?

That's probably the most likely step up. Anything else I would say would be something that's not on the radar at all... unless it was a group of something and the amount is what made it special. Anyway, that sounds like a good goal... to find something French to impress me! 8-)

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's probably the most likely step up. Anything else I would say would be something that's not on the radar at all... unless it was a group of something and the amount is what made it special. Anyway, that sounds like a good goal... to find something French to impress me! 8-)

I'll take that challenge...stay tuned!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take that challenge...stay tuned!

Yeah, just beating the best I've seen so far would be doing good. Hans' marked silver knee buckle and a coin or two, your coin, and my cannon ball and maybe my stamped Douzain. I can't think of anything that was better than those. If you dig something on the next level that's not a gold coin I'll be clueless to guess it.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet buckle romeo, good to see you posting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread