Complete Newbie in Arnold, MO.

DAA1234

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2014
Arnold, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I am completely new to the hobby of Metal Detecting. Any advice on a good beginner metal detector and other tools would be welcome. If there any websites. articles or other good reads please let me know. I never actually see anyone doing this so I'm wondering if my area has been picked already or if it's just not legal to do so. Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to any responses.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the club ... :occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Missouri for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Speed

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2014
Nevada, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Treasure Tracker DX-8000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Nevada, Missouri. I am new to the hobby, so to speak. I've had one for a while but now I'm spending a lot more time hunting. I spend a lot of time reading forums and youtube to learn as much as I can.

Be sure to check out two things. First, the TN Beginner's Guide especially the Code of Ethics. You might also check out the Treasure Hunting Legal Issues threads.

There is plenty still to find in this area. Check with the local historical society. I will be involved in an archaeological dig after the first of the year through the one here. They may have something similar there. The county, on the other hand, won't let me dig because they imagine a field full of gopher holes. Two main things I've learned Always ask permission to dig and always leave the area as you found it.

I hope that helps. Welcome to the hobby and the forum. Good luck and good hunting. :thumbsup:

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread