USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
After looking on the net for an answer for 6 hours i now turn to my treasure friends.. hoping that there are some computer geeks here

i have been looking at buying a
HIS H545HR2G Radeon HD 5450 2GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP
BUT i have in my computer only an PCI Express x16.1

My question is can i run the PCI Express 2.0 x16 in my PCI slot ???

Please help

USTiger

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"PCIe 2.0 motherboard slots are fully backward compatible with PCIe v1.x cards. PCIe 2.0 cards are also generally backward compatible with PCIe 1.x motherboards, using the available bandwidth of PCI Express 1.1. Overall, graphic cards or motherboards designed for v 2.0 will be able to work with the other being v 1.1 or v 1.0."

"PCI Express 2.1 supports a large proportion of the management, support, and troubleshooting systems planned to be fully implemented in PCI Express 3.0. However, the speed is the same as PCI Express 2.0. Most motherboards sold currently come with PCI Express 2.0 connectors."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
"PCIe 2.0 motherboard slots are fully backward compatible with PCIe v1.x cards. PCIe 2.0 cards are also generally backward compatible with PCIe 1.x motherboards, using the available bandwidth of PCI Express 1.1. Overall, graphic cards or motherboards designed for v 2.0 will be able to work with the other being v 1.1 or v 1.0."

"PCI Express 2.1 supports a large proportion of the management, support, and troubleshooting systems planned to be fully implemented in PCI Express 3.0. However, the speed is the same as PCI Express 2.0. Most motherboards sold currently come with PCI Express 2.0 connectors."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

Thank you .. just the information i needed..

I have now ordered the card.. then next year i can upgrade my motherboard.. or if i find lots of gold hehe i will then upgrade earliere.

USTiger

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
I almost posted earlier saying that Beep would be around to answer.

Good job Beep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread