Concentric GMT Shooter Coil Previously only Available in Africa

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Complaining does get you somewhere. Not long ago we were complaining on a thread that the GMT concentric shooter coil (only available in Africa) was not being made available to everyone. Well Whites heard us and others and now you can get it off their site for $149.00. As soon as I can scrape up some cash, I'll be snagging this baby!:thumb_up::hello2:

801-3250-1tp.jpg

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/6-concentric-gmt-coil-micro-tireur/

Upvote 0

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the tip....I'm going to get one myself.
Jim

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bought two early this week for my GMT and GMZ, these concentric shooter coils should breath new life into the Goldmaster series.

Check this out, when I ordered the coils and asked for the protective scuff covers, the rep. (White's) weren't sure if there were any. Apparently there has been no demand for them in the African market where hundreds have been sold. I have been told from several sources the miners on the dark continent are very supertitious believing scuff covers to be bad luck won't use them.

I'm looking forward to comparing my GMT w/new concentric shooter to the GB2 on bedrock

OP
OP
nuggetshooter323

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bought two early this week for my GMT and GMZ, these concentric shooter coils should breath new life into the Goldmaster series.

Check this out, when I ordered the coils and asked for the protective scuff covers, the rep. (White's) weren't sure if there were any. Apparently there has been no demand for them in the African market where hundreds have been sold. I have been told from several sources the miners on the dark continent are very supertitious believing scuff covers to be bad luck won't use them.

I'm looking forward to comparing my GMT w/new concentric shooter to the GB2 on bedrock

Let me know how it performs on the GMZ. I've been considering one for a while.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The GMZ in my opinion is the Rodney Dangerfield of gold detectors in that it "gets no respect". Most people bash it mainly because it operates on a silent thresh hold making it less effective in certain circumstances which is certainly true. However in my case with my other detectors, several hours swinging and listening to the constant mosquito like hum of the thresh hold will often give me a pounding headache. I always have the GMZ back in the truck in case this should happen and I can keep on detecting as the headache begins to fade. Almost but not quite as sensitive as the GMT, the GMZ has found some nice pickers over the years. Also worth noting is that the GMZ handles highly mineralized ground much better than my GMT or GB2. I am very much looking forward to seeing to what level this new 6" concentric shooter will take my Goldmasters and just in time for desert season.

It always comes down to the right tool for the job and sometimes, "silence can be golden"

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuggetshooter - thank you for the tip and I am looking forward to some follow-up end use comments. 5 1/2" diameter might just need to be
in my collection...............63bkpkr

OP
OP
nuggetshooter323

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nuggetshooter - thank you for the tip and I am looking forward to some follow-up end use comments. 5 1/2" diameter might just need to be
in my collection...............63bkpkr

63bkpkr,
I have a feeling that this might help the GMT detect even smaller nuggets than the GBII with the 6" coil. Also, I always felt that a concentric coil was needed in the Goldmaster line-up again, because DD might help mask out bad mineralization but it might be also masking out smaller nuggets.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Concentric Coil What will it do

NuggetShooter,
The attached picture shows the results of using "Lanny-ization" technology to hunt "solid" bedrock with the smallest DD GMT coil. I am still holding off on this purchase until further inputs induce me to part with the funds for this 'Possibility' to grow my arsenal of coils & do-dads for my GMT though I appreciate your suggestions of what the coil could do. I'm pretending I'm from Missouri -'Show Me' (please! :icon_thumright:)...63bkpkr

191_9174.JPG
When I started finding these tiny pieces I was amazed at what the machine was locating!! An improvement on this would be quite something! I suspect the coil would have other virtues in addition to the smaller pieces and this is what I am hoping some one of us will add to this conversation. Steve Herschbach or Trinity AU, jump in here any time!!

Last edited:

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM 1000, Whites Goldmaster II, Tesoro Bandido II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I too am looking forward to some more input on the 6″ Concentric GMT Coil – Micro Tireur. I'm interested to know if it picks up smaller bits than the 4x6 DD.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. I wonder if I should order one of those instead of the nugget shooter, but I want both. :icon_scratch:

GG~

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG - the nugget shooter works very well once the operator has learned how to set the machine for various soil conditions, see my photo above. One year I took Lanny's Bedrock hunting advice and worked at using my machine, all the pieces of gold on that dime as well as the smashed and round lead bird shot were found IN "solid bedrock" using the small DD whites coil on my GMT. How well will the Concentric work on the GMT, well I am still waiting for someone to share that information with us.................63bkpkr

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM 1000, Whites Goldmaster II, Tesoro Bandido II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got through ordering mine. Whites is giving 30% off on their search coils through Thursday.
You must place your order through Whites Electronics Facebook page and use the coupon code "coil" at checkout. The discount doesn't show until you hit the checkout button. Happy Hunting!! Jim

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, I've got some test results but keep in mind these were just "bench tests" but still interesting enough to share. My GM2 GMT and GMZ were all used to compare the sensitivity between the GM 4x6 DD shooter and the GM 6" concentric coil. I used (7) sub gram to 2 gram pieces of gold in the air tests.

In all tests with all three Goldmasters on the sub gram pickers, the response of the 6" concentric coil was with out a doubt, more pronounced than that of the 4x6 DD shooter.

The biggest effect however seemed to be on the GMZ as the 6" concentric made that detector really hit on sub-gram pieces the small 4x6 DD shooter fell silent on.

I would like to do some actual in the field tests with these machines and coils but as you could imagine that would take quite some time when I could be drywashing. I've seen enough to convince me to swap out the 4x6 DD in favor of the new 6" concentric coil at least for now especially going over drywasher tailing piles and quartz float.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard Prospector,
Those results are most interesting! Would it be possible for you to report on some simple in the ground measurements between the two
coils with the GMZ & GMT,especially if you can find some mineralized ground here in SoCal?
Again, thanks so much for the input!!.................63bkpkr out of Santee

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hard Prospector,
Those results are most interesting! Would it be possible for you to report on some simple in the ground measurements between the two
coils with the GMZ & GMT,especially if you can find some mineralized ground here in SoCal?
Again, thanks so much for the input!!.................63bkpkr out of Santee

There is for sure plenty of hot mineralized ground in the Mojave desert Herb and I suppose my biggest question is the same as yours; "Which machine (the GMT or GMZ) would handle these conditions best when equipped with the 6"concentric coil?"

The GMT's (as you well know) tracking does a pretty decent job keeping the machine running stable over most ground. If the ground begins to "heat up" so to speak, increasing the VSAT and backing off on Gain/Sensitivity really can quiet things back down. However.....

What most people don't know is that the GMZ, built by White's Chief Engineer the late Dan Geyer, was designed to handle the hot mnieralized ground of the northern Nevada gold fields because thats where HE preferred to nugget shoot. Talk about a classic example of necessity being the mother of invention. My experiences have confirmed that of my three Goldmaster machines, the GMZ handles hot mineralized ground best at the cost of some sensitivity on the smallest gold (swinging the DD coils).

I suppose maybe this winter I'll bring both goldmasters out with me to the desert so that if its too damp to drywash I can run the GMT and GMZ with the new concentric loop and see what comes of it. I already bring way too much stuff out there as it is, a little more couldn't hurt.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i just called and said i heard about the discount on line and they took my order .about 106.00call 541 367 6121.very nice people.
brad
Just got through ordering mine. Whites is giving 30% off on their search coils through Thursday.
You must place your order through Whites Electronics Facebook page and use the coupon code "coil" at checkout. The discount doesn't show until you hit the checkout button. Happy Hunting!! Jim

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Smok'n deal....... I just ordered another!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you HP, I put my order in sometime mid week though I do not know when I will have time to take the coils out and swing them

And thanks to you SanDomingo Jim for the input on the 30% off deal as that sure did help..........63bkpkr

Silly me, I forgot to order the bottom cover for the coil, oh well next time. Nice looking coil, solid looking cable!

Last edited:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
just got mine .put it on my gmz,it goes crazy,can,t stop it??????
brad

Last edited:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
called whites and they are going to take care of it like allways.
brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread