Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OI tottally agree with BC...I LOVE finding old relic and Coins, Because Im a avid coin collecter as well as love the history behind relics.

As for jewlery, its not my thing, if I dont like it, or my wife dont like it...Its just something to sell down the road.

I probally sound like a snob, but I dont really get that excited finding Gold anymore, I have found a good share of it..But the only really important one was my first.

the rest is just stuff...Zero attachment to it...But you would have to pry a Merc I found out of my dead hands..lol

Duke

Jun 11, 2009
Woodstock N.Y.
Detector(s) used
QXT
Awesome if that's fake I'm fooled don't sell unless you really need the money market sucks right now I wouldn't take any less than a grand cash even if I was hard up

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I found mt Pine Tree Shilling my girlfriend said "how much do you think we can get for that?" I told her maybe the NE Shilling Im gonna find we can auction off lol. I was offered $140 for a beautiful 1866 Indian head that I found. That's a very high price IMO for that coin. But he needed to fill a blank and was willing to pay for it. I said no way. For me it's about saving history and when I pull something from the earth I have this little connection with it and I can't even fathom letting it go for money that would just disappear. I just started detecting a little over a year ago and have kept a journal detailing every single hunt I've had with pics. I want to look at my collection in 20 years and know that everything I found is in front of me, where it came from, and be able to read the details of that hunt. If I found some modern jewelry I would sell it in a heartbeat but the coins and relics I just can't do it.
The other thing to think about is that if you wait 20 years these coins might be worth a hell of a lot more. My Pine Tree coin for instance. The values have risen dramatically over the years and there's no reason to believe that trend will not continue.
N I wish you all good fortune and whatever you decide to do with your finds I wish you the best result. You found it and you can do whatever the hell you want with it. I sleep with my tree coin sometime lol don't tell anyone

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
When I read posts like this the first thing that comes to mind is that the OP is fishing for offers without the hassle of being a Charter Member and paying for the right to advertise. Not saying that's the case here but why ask for opinions only to argue about the answers....

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This one was in good condition...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418693993.764090.jpg P2057...Louisiana rectangle belt plate, pelican feeding her young, stamped and not solder filled, southern wartime manufacture
Buckle depicts the state seal of Louisiana, a pelican feeding her young, intended for Louisiana units. This plate was likely made in New Orleans near the beginning of the war and before the city fell in 1862. This pattern features a pelican in a relaxed position feeding her young, surrounded by a wreath and stars, plain background, with an outer border. Plate is stamped on heavy brass sheet, is not solder filled, hooks were made from scraps and individually soldered into place over the solder back. Stamping quality can vary considerably with this pattern, this due to variation of the stamping pressure applied and quality of the materials. The corners are sometimes clipped or rounded, this was probably done in the field, this big rectangle plate would undoubtedly wear better without the sharp corners. This plate was never lead filled, it was probably made early in the production run. Corners were clipped in the field. Nondug plate, hooks are broken, tongue intact. Plate measures 54.7mm x 79mm.
Ref: Mullinax Expanded Edition, Plates 282 to 286...........$4,000.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread