Confederate Campsite RD. 2.. Barbers, Buttons, and Bullets!

U

umrgolf

Sentinel and I hit the woods about 1PM this afternoon. This campsite has been hammered but we were fortunate enough to find a small "hotspot". On our way down to the camp, we both picked up a barber coin. :headbang: Josh's was a small pocket spill with a 1916 quarter and a 1918 wheatie. My dime turned out to be 1908.. Anyway, this goes to show once again, no place is ever completely dry. :thumbsup: HH Jeff

Gold Plated Pocket watch (from the campsite), 1908 barber dime
P1010913.JPG

Back of pocket watch and dime
P1010914.JPG

Eagle coat button, Eagle I cuff, broken arrowhead, musketballs, camp lead, large copper disc ???
P1010915.JPG

..................................JOSH'S FINDS

Barber Quarter before cleaning
P1010911.JPG

After cleaning
P1010921.JPG

D buckle, 2 barrel taps, musket ball, camp lead, barber quarter, early 1900's lipstick tube
P1010919.JPG

Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pocket watch and Barbers. :thumbsup: Glad you could get out.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG Gentlemen. Many more trips and you two can open a coin store Jeff. Like the pocket watch. Do you think it's CW or the Barber period? HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

VOL1266-X said:
WTG Gentlemen. Many more trips and you two can open a coin store Jeff. Like the pocket watch. Do you think it's CW or the Barber period? HH, Quindy.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not sure Quindy :dontknow: It's probably a little newer than CW is my guess :thumbsup: probably dropped by one of the fellas who dropped the Barbers ::)

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CW or not, cool relics and Barbers :icon_thumleft: Can you open the watch??

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thanks guys, I've decided not to mess with the watch and leave it as is, hinges look very frail..

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day for us....Civil War buttons, bullets a couple silver coins......much better than gettin skunked any day :wink: :wink:

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How big is that "copper" disc? It may just be me, but it looks like there is a bird or eagle on it

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt!

The items you call barrel taps are actually gas valves from wall sconces or gas lines in a turn-of-the century house.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Nice hunt!

The items you call barrel taps are actually gas valves from wall sconces or gas lines in a turn-of-the century house.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Yes I agree Buckles....after cleaning the dirt and gunk off....which makes since as this was a colonial era site which

had a turn of the century home on it at one time...

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, J-team CMD back from the nightmare ... looks like the skunk may be gone for good . Nice looking silver and relics 8) pocket watch,looks old :o :o :o:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread