Confederate Gold buried on the banks of the Steinhatchee River

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
Do you live in the area.? If you find any info i lived there for 15 years and know the area well. Spent a lot of time salt water fishing all those areas. Might be able to point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
sabre15

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
I am right down the road and have been looking for quite some time now and continue researching, do you know anything?

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
It was found years ago by a local fish camp owner who then retired and moved. Many thought it was the confederate gold from Danville. The founder claimed he found nothing but acquired considerable assets, it has been posted many times on this site. There are conf payroll ships near there and blockade runner stories on this site all the time. You will need to research the past threads concerning this. All that I know about this area I read here. I claim no insider knowledge or make any claims to have found anything. Good luck.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I know of this rumor... I have family that have lived in t Cedar Key and Otter Creek forever. I've finally secured permission to search an area along the river the next time I'm in the area.

Is it rumor or truth? Nobody seems to know for sure.

OP
OP
sabre15

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
No, this is something different if even true, this hole has been drilled by many different people over the years. There are several other treasures in and around the Suwanee area though.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mr jody i have friends who fish around cedar key and might have a few tips...might be going that way in the very near future for a weekend with family...gregg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread