Confederate staff button repaired

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, back in April of 2015 I found this confederate staff button that had a lot of ground action and a huge push In the front. We'll I decided to get it repaired. It took just about 1 1/2 years to get it back but it was worth the wait. Leonard Short is the guy that did the work for me and I'm amazed at the quality of work that he does. image1.jpeg image3.jpeg image2.jpeg image4.jpeg . Thanks for looking

Upvote 17

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job what did that cost?

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thats great but over a year to wait is crazy

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful button recovery and restoration! :icon_thumright:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure he just didn't give you another button?:laughing7:

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Great job on that button. Well worth every penny and minute spent on it. crabstang44; I know that on some relics it can take up to 4 years to restore them. I know this becaue my friend is one of the Directors for the State Archaeological Labs with TimeLine Inc in Littleton, Mass. He had one that took 7 years to restore. It was a swordfish bill that had the Engravings of the Battle of the Merrimac & the Monitor and whoever carved it had to have been an actual eye witness to the Battle due to some of the details that were present in the carving.Only an actual eyewitness would have known these details. Apparently the piece had been exposed to the elements for a long time before it was rescued. It took that long to restabilize the bone structure itself then Preserve it for Posterity. I saw it. It's an incredible piece. It's in a Museum now where it belongs. Just a little insider info ok. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread