Conflict Gold

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
In a way that's no different than a pawn shop buying somebody's stolen gold jewelry just on a larger scale..a coin dealer I deal with buys anything anybody brings him, no questions or paperwork no nudda..I try to tell him its wrong, he says turn and burn..once its melted, try proving something.
Bleh!

Mike

OP
OP
Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, but take the recent hoard in CA, say the cins were in bad shape, unreadable, melt value only. So how, now, can you prove you simply found it? I mean are buyers going to have to keep records and turn them over to feds for inspection?

OP
OP
Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope not, did it used to be that way ?

Mike

The article states that several Govts, and the UN are trying to stop conflict gold, and from it being refined, bought, sold, traded. So the trickle down of this, as I see it, will be that those who refine the gold will have to start asking folks more questions and keeping records. That I am sure will lead to a black market bigger than what it is already. Not to mention, if they enact certain parts into US law, then what will that mean for the guy who goes out on weekends to prospect and has a little gold? Will you have to prove that the gold coin hidden by your Great Grand parents was obtained via legal means or risk it being confiscated? Just some thoughts on a big government, getting bigger, and the idea that they will outlaw and take what they can, IMO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions