Confused

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a little confused and I hope this is the place to ask these questions. What is the difference between a thread, a hot thread,and a post! When does a post close and how does it close? I see some several years old! Looks like a ton of unnecessary clutter Help me out if would! Thanks:icon_scratch:???

silvermagnet

Dec 10, 2013
Not so free state of Georgia.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a thread is a topic a hot thread is a nominated thread and a post is an add-on to a thread and a post closes after so many months of inactivity.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a thread is a topic a hot thread is a nominated thread and a post is an add-on to a thread and a post closes after so many months of inactivity.

There is no time limit on posts, posts only close if mods lock it.

Hot topic are lots of replies to a thread...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well thanks! That helps me to understand a little! Looks like some of these " Threads" could be cleaned up after so many years.just to clean up the clutter! I have caught myself replying to a thread three years old. My mistake by not looking at the date! Just wasted time running my head to a very old post! Anyway ! Thanks again for the help! The Kid

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well thanks! That helps me to understand a little! Looks like some of these " Threads" could be cleaned up after so many years.just to clean up the clutter! I have caught myself replying to a thread three years old. My mistake by not looking at the date! Just wasted time running my head to a very old post! Anyway ! Thanks again for the help! The Kid

The threads contain valuable information, that is as valid today as the day it was posted.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread