Conn. #15 - M14.1-L.2.....R6..13-30 known.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginitRTB, and myself, braved the bugs Saturday at a new site. Previously found a lot of buttons and an 1810 capped large in in pretty nice shape. He found a beat 1800 draped large. My #15th Connecticut turned out be be a 1788, R-6, M14.1-L.2 at an R-6 rarity. A personal best for rarity on state coppers. Not too hard to ID as the reverse has a huge die break. The only other it could have been was the 16.4-L.2 at an R-6 also. Only 2 with this reverse. Had to be late, late, die state at almost failure, as the break extends through the "L" in LIB, basically hiding it. Break also extends through Britanias shield. Obverse, weak with scratches but still distinguishable from the 16.4 obverse.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Upvote 17

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great one Hogge. Reminds me that I need to bring my rare coin magnet with me on my next hunt. I see you didn't forget yours. Congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll post the 1810 tomarrow. Came out pretty good after cleaning. Found it last week at same site. The conn was found around, and near about 7 previous dig holes. On the side slope of the cellar hole. Hard to believe we missed it first time around.

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're the king of the colonial coppers around here Hogge, congrats on another great hunt. Picked up a Deus last month, still getting used to it. One of these days I'll see you out there!
steve

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a heck of a copper find, congrats on a rare one!

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luck, and finding virgin sites helps. Love my T-2. Awesome machine. I pick stuff up over 12" down. Copper rang 82-84....back and forth at 8".Knew it was a good one. You always hope it's going to be colonial instead of an 1800's largie. The 1810 capped largie rang up 89-90.... Back and forth.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome old copper save, congratulations! :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the copper and the ID.

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great one Hogge. Reminds me that I need to bring my rare coin magnet with me on my next hunt. I see you didn't forget yours. Congrats! :occasion14:
Evolution.....your list of finds in your avatar is pretty impressive also.:headbang:

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeez hogge... that strikes me as a banner find. :occasion14:
Thanks for the thought, but not even close. R-6 Conns, although very rare, don't command a lot of money in the dug state mine is in. It's possible, someone needs it for a collection "filler" for $100-150. Although I can I'd it, obverse condition is poor. The only good thing is the die crack, at late die state, being severe. I appreciate the thought though.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the thought, but not even close. R-6 Conns, although very rare, don't command a lot of money in the dug state mine is in. It's possible, someone needs it for a collection "filler" for $100-150. Although I can I'd it, obverse condition is poor. The only good thing is the die crack, at late die state, being severe. I appreciate the thought though.

hogge I see now....thanks for the insight on such a nice find....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread