Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
At least sheep don/t get you into so much trouble......

Yeah tried tell my ex If know she was going to complain so much I should of played up more. Struth ya can't win, I told her when the girls on the drumbeat stripped off in front of me I was a gentleman and only kept one eye open ....Geez exes hit harder when they hear that.

No sense of humour

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing I can guarantee you from tropical tramps they always come out with one liners at the most inappropriate of moments, When I finally croak and kick the bucket I want a headstone saying "see I told you I was sick!"

Crow:laughing7:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Culinary Caveman

Always a pleasure to read of peoples enjoyment in reading such treasure legends.

If ya like South American Treasure yarns check out some of Inca stories ya might find fascinating.

Cheers Crow

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

Turns out I am supposed to be working with the Cofan people, who are an indigenous tribe located on the Ecuador/Colombia border. Really close to the location of the lost Emerald mine. I will keep my eyes peeled for the black shale cliffs.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Alaskan adventurer.

Is always good to hear from you. After seeing the green demon has done to Muzo. Perhaps if you discover the location do keep it a secret..... The Cofan people have lost about 75-80% of their original territory they once had. There has been a long history of exploitation by outsiders. Some times the real treasure is the people themselves.

Cheers Crow

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Alaskan adventurer.

Is always good to hear from you. After seeing the green demon has done to Muzo. Perhaps if you discover the location do keep it a secret..... The Cofan people have lost about 75-80% of their original territory they once had. There has been a long history of exploitation by outsiders. Some times the real treasure is the people themselves.

Cheers Crow

For sure, Crow. The Cofan are amazing. A friend of mine is a very devoted activist and she has no intention of giving up. I am hoping to work on my video blog in a few months. Hopefully, I will be working alongside Daniela(activist), and help the Cofan by filming their projects, and working with their medicine man.(yage, and other medicinal plants). Off and on I will go gold prospecting, caving etc.

My intention is to get a group of people together, and do a bunch of projects, etc. If finances go well, I may pick up a small drone for surveillance purposes. So of the aerial footage would be amazing. Sort of like what i proposed in the Inca treasures section.

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
I gave this yarn a good bit of thought last night and my belief is that Mr. Connely was probably a smuggler in cahoots with Sanchez or other high graders from the Columbian mines.
From what I've read the Columbians were keeping a pretty close eye on smugglers. So how does one go about gettin' stones out of the country if your ports are being watched? You have someone come from over the Andes from the south and meet them somewhere in the Amazon to pass off the stones. Then the stones get taken back to Ecuador and shipped from there. This would explain how Connely knew the country. It would also explain why he filed a claim as that would give him a valid reason to have gems in his possession.
Just my $.02.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I gave this yarn a good bit of thought last night and my belief is that Mr. Connely was probably a smuggler in cahoots with Sanchez or other high graders from the Columbian mines.
From what I've read the Columbians were keeping a pretty close eye on smugglers. So how does one go about gettin' stones out of the country if your ports are being watched? You have someone come from over the Andes from the south and meet them somewhere in the Amazon to pass off the stones. Then the stones get taken back to Ecuador and shipped from there. This would explain how Connely knew the country. It would also explain why he filed a claim as that would give him a valid reason to have gems in his possession.
Just my $.02.

Culinary Caveman While it is not impossible that there was other areas emerald bearing deposits even in Ecuador. I tend to agree with and think along those lines. However like with all treasure legends they can always amaze as new information comes to light.

Cheers Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alaskan Adventurer……if interested in drones, Ecuador is producing them…..see below.
Enjoy, there has been increased activity of the narcos along the Columbia/Ecuador border and Ecuador is sending more of it's military to the border region……
While things ebb and flow, the direction there is definitely increasing and kidnappings in the jungles is increasing.

Keep us updated on your adventures there. A beautiful and blessed country.
Vaya con Dios

Ecuador Signs decree with Brazil to Manufacture drones in Yachay
Posted on July 16, 2014 • Filed under: Brazil, Business, Ecuador

On Tuesday during his visit to Brazil, President Rafael Correa announced the signing of a decree for the manufacture of drones or unmanned aircraft in a Research Center, which will move from Latacunga to the City of Knowledge in Yachay. The president visited the San Jose Dos Campos Technology Park in the province of the same name, and toured the facility until he eventually supported the agreement between the entity and Yachay. Read Article

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah if only I had the all the technology years ago?

I think this era of computers, internet, various online archives and newspapers. GPS Systems Google earth new digital camera technology. Camera drones and high tech drone gadgetry better meter detectors. probes boroscopes and various apps.

The next generation has an opportunity of a lifetime if they have the hunger.......And the drive to research in a practical and logical manner.

There is no more better chance today to make interesting and profitable discoveries for those daring and resourceful enough to use these tools to their utmost...

Old Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow, your are absolutely right about the technology available today opening up huge possibilities for those motivated enough to apply these valuable tools……
And in spite of these tools, today people seem more trapped in their conventional lives and comforts.

I would guess there would be a few out there who will seek out these lost treasures, yet if they are smart, we will never hear about it.
Sadly today, seems that speaking in public of finding treasure brings greedy government and people to try and take what you have worked hard to obtain.
You have more to fear from the governments than most criminal gangs without the uniform of state.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Don Jose, the black feathered one is correct, and you are also correct…….
Finding a treasure is not the same as letting the world know you have found it………and so the legend lives on, and you can eat, not too mention you can also afford all the coffee and black feathered ones coffee flavoring your heart desires.

Vaya con Dios mi amigos

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread