Considering the MX Sport - vs M6 & Beachhunter ID

mikenannie

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White M6
Beach Hunter ID

(1970's Compass Judge series, then 1980s Teknetics)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently own both an M6 and a Beach Hunter ID with the newer larger coil (yellow, non floating). I mainly hunt land and shallow fresh water (no deeper than chest at the most). I'm wondering if it would make sense to sell both of my current machines and get the MX Sport. Doing so would make it easier to travel, but I'm wondering what I'll be giving up? Just how good is the MX Sport? How does it compare to the machines I own now? Anyone else make a switch like that? thanks much.

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A hunting buddy of mine uses the MX Sport and does really well with it. Good all around machine and gets deep.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A hunting buddy of mine uses the MX Sport and does really well with it. Good all around machine and gets deep.

That would be me, love my sport. Finding silver deep and pulls coppers like a boss. Any questions feel free to pm me.

Ed Osmar

Jan 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased MX Sport to be backup to my Minelab Excalibur ll. I hunt salt water and so far am not that happy with the MX Sport, in salt water you have to be 3 on sen. in salt water with supplied coil and dig everything as you can't trust that what screen says. That said with the Minelab, I dig all signals anyway. I have not taken both machines to the beach and tried them both on found targets as two detectors and a scoop is more than I can carry and use easley.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased MX Sport to be backup to my Minelab Excalibur ll. I hunt salt water and so far am not that happy with the MX Sport, in salt water you have to be 3 on sen. in salt water with supplied coil and dig everything as you can't trust that what screen says. That said with the Minelab, I dig all signals anyway. I have not taken both machines to the beach and tried them both on found targets as two detectors and a scoop is more than I can carry and use easley.

Salt water is tough and mx sport is not at all the greatest for it. MXS really excels on land and fresh water. salt water is ok but you don't get the same depth and you have to be really really careful with your settings.

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I I've read on whites forum where you can bump sensitivity up to about 7 when using the 950 concentric in salt water. It handles salt water better than the stock DD coil. I have the BHID with the older coil (floater) that I use small weight on in water. Don't have an MXS but was planning to get one as well until I saw another competitors release this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread