Conspiracy Theories

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Michigan Badger,

I am glad that you started this thread. I have been researching conspiracy theories for about 15 years.
What you said in your last post really hits home with me. I have spent many hours looking into these things, and aside from having knowledge of some things that others don't know....what have I gained?
As this thread verifies, most people tend not to believe in any of them anyway.
I have allways thought that most people would rather stick their head in the sand, then know the truth.
If this is true, why should I continue to "cry wolf" about things that they don't want to know?

As some of you may know, I spend most of my time in the religion forum.
I have a passion for helping others in spiritual things.
Recent comments in this forum has caused me to even re think my time spent there.
Like you, I am beginning to think that my time could be better spent doing other things.
It saddens me though. I truly enjoyed believing that I might be helping someone in this area of their life.

I hate to see you go MB, I have enjoyed your posts.
Will I follow suite? I don't know. I am going to have to do some real soul searching.
I wlll end this for now, and since I don't believe in luck....I will just say, may God bless you and your family.

Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Hi SWR,

It has been a while since we have crossed paths.
I hope you are doing well.

TW

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Loss of the Michigan Badger would be a setback.

I'm sorry to hear it.

As I read the closing to my wife, she wholeheartedly agrees I spend far too much time at the keyboard.
She does not view it as productive.
I do.

I also participate in business related forums, and do various research and educational projects.

It would not be prudent for me to discuss religion, or politics with clients, or persons I meet in my daily travels about town, as if I'm NOT working, I'm soliciting and looking for opportunity. Not wise to muddy the waters.

This is the ONLY place I discuss many such topics.

I'd like to see MB's list of favorite forums...
Perhaps he allow us that info????

SWR, I've enjoyed the heck out of the Yama@#$!ta conspiracy thread!
In part, it's been more entertaining than Spaniard misdeeds and buccaneers!

Best,
Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I also agree that I too, spend too much time in this forum. It could be used more productively elsewhere. I have enjoyed the input from the users in this post. I like discussions that make you make you think. As long as no one gets mad or upset, I like to see the posts and reflect on the answers that everyone gives. It will not be the same if some leave. But as they say, it's been good
while it lasted. Good Luck.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
MB,

From what I can see, in regard to this post, is that you have had over 600 people look at it and over 60 replies. Not too shabby.

I think a lot of folks enjoy the conspiracy theories because most folks believe that where there is smoke there is fire. Personally, I have been following quite a few of them. Do I believe all the conspiracy theories? No. Do I believe there is some truth to them? Most definitely.

I see nothing wrong with posting any of the conspiracy theories. Why? Because I like to read them. LOL It seems quite a few other like to read them too.

I come here to TNet often and but do not think I spend too much time here. Being on TNet is better than sitting in front of the TV set. I have enjoyed reading your posts MB and will miss you, should you decide to leave.

Best of luck, whatever you decision might be.

Ray S.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Any time you loose a friend or aquaintance, even on the net, it is a loss. Each person must decide whether it's taking too much time from work,family,or even our hobby. Some of my best friends are on the internet. These days when there isn't enough hours in the day to get done what we want to do, the only way to visit is through the internet. What we believe is a combination of our upbringing, combined with what was taught in school or other people that we look up to with respect. Whether what we believe is right or not is another matter. But, as the saying goes, stand for something or fall for anything. I for one think that it's good for people of all backgrounds to get involved in discussion on topics that concern us, directly or indirectly. When we learn to think for ourselves,it becomes harder to confuse or decieve us.
We can all learn from open discussions like this. It may even have a big impact on someones life that reads these posts. If it helps one peson, then I think it's worth it. JMHO

S

Smee

Discussion is not a waste of time to me.

When we see things happen, and the explanations do not add up to us, if we use our heads for more than a place to put a cap, our minds should naturally try to reason out what other possibilities there are. Much like the Bible and religion. If a religion teaches one thing and does another, that should make your mind start to question what you are being taught.

To me, the worst thing would be to put these theories together on your own and be afraid to let anyone in on your thoughts. THAT would make me crazy.

No one here claimed to have the answers, just a few theories thrown out and batted around.

Lotsa fun.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Blurr wrote:
I'm sorry, but there aren't little green men locked up in Nevada.

How can you make this statement as an absolute fact? Nevada is a rather large state, and I presume you are referring to the secret military base popularly known as Area 51/Groom Lake, correct? Even the folks who have worked there never have full access to every site in the base, the level of secrecy is that high. So unless you have had full access to this base (and if you meant the entire state of Nevada, then every site in the entire state) it is not possible to say with absolute certainty what they have or do not have. This secrecy is part of what feeds so many conspiracy theories, for one could claim that almost anything is there, and unless someone can PROVE THERE IS NO SUCH THING then it is not possible to say that there is no such thing.

Besides, the most popular rumor had it they were GREY not green anyway! :o ::) :D :tongue3: :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Oroblanco said:
Blurr wrote:
I'm sorry, but there aren't little green men locked up in Nevada.

How can you make this statement as an absolute fact? Nevada is a rather large state, and I presume you are referring to the secret military base popularly known as Area 51/Groom Lake, correct? Even the folks who have worked there never have full access to every site in the base, the level of secrecy is that high. So unless you have had full access to this base (and if you meant the entire state of Nevada, then every site in the entire state) it is not possible to say with absolute certainty what they have or do not have. This secrecy is part of what feeds so many conspiracy theories, for one could claim that almost anything is there, and unless someone can PROVE THERE IS NO SUCH THING then it is not possible to say that there is no such thing.

Besides, the most popular rumor had it they were GREY not green anyway! :o ::) :D :tongue3: :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

Also... they were in Ohio at Write Field... not Nevada.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to reply again...

Badger,

You can't leave us! What about the infamous "Things to watch out for on TreasureNet" and "How Well Do You Read Your Posts" posts? :'(

I can understand how addictive the net can be. I fall victim to it too. But my hope is that you'll cut back rather than quit cold turkey--and I'm hoping that you'll still be a presence here.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I seldom swallow the theories... but - they always make me think twice.

I appreciate all the input, thought, and effort that went into all the posts in this topic.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckleBoy said:
I have to reply again...

Badger,

You can't leave us! What about the infamous "Things to watch out for on TreasureNet" and "How Well Do You Read Your Posts" posts? :'(

I can understand how addictive the net can be. I fall victim to it too. But my hope is that you'll cut back rather than quit cold turkey--and I'm hoping that you'll still be a presence here.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Hey thanks everyone! It's good to know the old badger is still good for something :)

Badger

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
MD Dog said:
MB, you and TW are the only ones who really get me. IF either of you guys goes, so do I. :(

Thanks for the kind words MDD.
I don't plan on leaving unless the Black Helicopters start hovering over my house again. :wink:

TW

Robin

Apr 21, 2008
MB Sorry to see you go.

Conspiracy, YES ! There is no doubt about it.
It said so in the Bible and before I knew that I researching on it for 25+ years.
I don't worry about it ,its just a fact of life.
WW1 & WW2 and all the wars in between, these were no accedent they were
planed.
Even Rosevelt said "if it happens you can bet it was planed".
I think thats the most honest thing a president has ever said thats true !

Robin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread